Boy; you got a purdy tele

@fretworn
The Grim Reaper snuck in for a bass solo:

Screen Shot 2023-11-07 at 8.01.05 PM.png

Do you like Loxx strap locks ? they work but they look terrible.
They are my absolute favorite strap locks but I do agree they look terrible on single cut guitars for some reason. I think they are fine on double cuts because the "nub" on them is somehow less noticeable when it's on a horn?

But otherwise, they are just completely maintenance free and way, way better functionally than Schaller or Dunlop.

Pricy though, considering they are basically a "boat hood snap on" thing but I haven't found an equivalent hardware store part with a smaller screw.

Just get a bridge plate because they are the Gotoh "in tune" saddles on there and among the best you can get. Do you like Loxx strap locks ? they work but they look terrible.
Yeah I'll probably just grab the gotoh bridge and swap it out entirely. These saddles are quite nice, though. I don't always gel with this style, for whatever reasons? The Loxx I have never heard of. I did get the mechanics of them figured out as I initially missed the mounting rings for the strap itself. Seem to work quite nicely.

I normally use Dunlops. It's just what I use. I like them. I install them on everything. I am going to let the Loxx roll for a bit and see how they fare.

Did some moves and finally got myself a (parts)tele. Pic from Metro (EXCELLENT A++++ seller) because my jamroom lighting situation decided to take a :poop::cuss

So far; so good. Finish is spectacular in person. Probably going to swap out the bridge and put some locking tuners in place and throw on some 10s. As is; plays and sounds great \m/

View attachment 13366
pam-archer (1).gif

Sploosh! God damn sploosh

Bridge and locking tuners came in yesterday. Time for a swap and setup with 10s. I was going to try a single sized humbucker but I think I am going to roll with the single coil for a bit and see how it goes. As is; it sounds NUTS through the FM and III. It gets pretty howly with a solo boost (aka filter block with 3db level increase. Work in progress as far as that goes.

Back