Boy; you got a purdy tele

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
Did some moves and finally got myself a (parts)tele. Pic from Metro (EXCELLENT A++++ seller) because my jamroom lighting situation decided to take a :poop::cuss

So far; so good. Finish is spectacular in person. Probably going to swap out the bridge and put some locking tuners in place and throw on some 10s. As is; plays and sounds great \m/

tele.jpeg

Looks killer!

Vintage or modern tuners?

What kind of pickups?

Why are you changing the bridge?
It has vintage style currently. I will be getting modern locking Fender tuners. In silver, I think? It's tough because this guitar screams GOLD despite it having different color hardware? It has DiMarzios currently. Sounds great through the FM9 into my presets into the FR12. Haven't ran it through the Boogie yet because free time :mad: I need a flat bridge for the you know whats
That's a beauty! Glad to see you back in Tele-Town. (y)
Me too!

It has vintage style currently. I will be getting modern locking Fender tuners. In silver, I think? It's tough because this guitar screams GOLD despite it having different color hardware? It has DiMarzios currently. Sounds great through the FM9 into my presets into the FR12. Haven't ran it through the Boogie yet because free time :mad: I need a flat bridge for the you know whats

Me too!

If it's drilled for Fender tuners, the locking ones work pretty well and are a good price. I have the standard Fender locking tuners on mine plus a Gotoh modern bridge which adds to the modern tone and feel. Also really like the Dimarzio Area T set (standard output bridge), if that's what you have.

If it's drilled for Fender tuners, the locking ones work pretty well and are a good price. I have the standard Fender locking tuners on mine plus a Gotoh modern bridge which adds to the modern tone and feel. Also really like the Dimarzio Area T set (standard output bridge), if that's what you have.
I need to look at it in person again and decide on gold vs. silver bridge and tuners. Then pull the trigger :satan

Looks like it doesn't have a forearm cut so I'm assuming no belly cut either? GREAT! I'd stick with the lightest stock style tuners and MAYBE swap out the 3 saddle bridge for a compensated one - but only if it really needs it. Hate seeing Teles getting modded/spec'd too far away from the Plain Jane Slab that everybody fell in love with in the first place.

FYI: Cool talk about the ashtray here.

Last edited:
Back