Boss SY-200

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Not sure what cave or rock I have been hiding in/under but I just found out about this thing. Under 400 smackers too! I think I need one. I mean the organ sounds in a Bret Kingman vid I am checking out sold me all by itself. Generally I don't use YT vids to judge tone but in this case mebbe. More interested though in how crazy good it seems to track and doesn't seem like there's much latency. I need to find out if you can switch patches via FS7 before I sell some stuff to get one. I would imagine so.

My financial advisor (wife) told me I am tapped out on gear funds for the month but there's always selling something to get the funds LOL.

Edit: Just found out there's also an SY-1 but a quick look at the price and it's like...why? The SY-200 is like 75 bucks more.

From what I am seeing there's also no BTS for the 200? Is there for the 300?
There is for the 300. 300 has the blender feature which allows for mixing and matching of oscillators, fx and routing schemes from different presets. It's a great bit of functionality so of course Boss' dumb a$$ doesn't offer it in the 1000.

There is for the 300. 300 has the blender feature which allows for mixing and matching of oscillators, fx and routing schemes from different presets. It's a great bit of functionality so of course Boss' dumb a$$ doesn't offer it in the 1000.

Yeah, no BTS is a big deal breaker for me. I just may look for a 300 but the size of the 200 makes it very tempting. I think the 300 is about the size of an HX Effects while the 200 is like 2 regular Boss pedals if that.

Yeah, no BTS is a big deal breaker for me. I just may look for a 300 but the size of the 200 makes it very tempting. I think the 300 is about the size of an HX Effects while the 200 is like 2 regular Boss pedals if that.
Zg.gif

Not sure what cave or rock I have been hiding in/under but I just found out about this thing. Under 400 smackers too! I think I need one. I mean the organ sounds in a Bret Kingman vid I am checking out sold me all by itself. Generally I don't use YT vids to judge tone but in this case mebbe. More interested though in how crazy good it seems to track and doesn't seem like there's much latency. I need to find out if you can switch patches via FS7 before I sell some stuff to get one. I would imagine so.

My financial advisor (wife) told me I am tapped out on gear funds for the month but there's always selling something to get the funds LOL.

Edit: Just found out there's also an SY-1 but a quick look at the price and it's like...why? The SY-200 is like 75 bucks more.
Just sell the wife, sorted !!!

But I would choose the 300 over the 200, it has a lot more function and parameters if you want to be forever tweaking.
With BTS you can load up patches that are already there.

I've been so close to getting the 200 in the last few months, but I managed to hold myself and wait to see if Line6 brings polyphonic synth blocks to Helix soon.

I've been so close to getting the 200 in the last few months, but I managed to hold myself and wait to see if Line6 brings polyphonic synth blocks to Helix soon.
I doubt if the polyphonic tracking would be as tight as the SY though..

Yeah I am torn. AMS offers an xtra year warranty on top of factory AND the SY-200 is more the size I am looking for opposed to the 300. My needs are small for a synth engine. Maybe some organ and a little 80's style synth. OTOH the 300 can utilize BTS and as Gumtown mentioned more powerful.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is BTS? Google gives me confusing answers xD

EDIT: maybe the EHX synth pedals would work for you, @Bob Zaod .

The EHX pedals are great if you're Bill Ruppert. That's about it.

Back