Boss IR-2 - Very compact amp/cab sim pedal

overall the amp sims are adequate but not GT1000 level.
i thought I loved how small it is but it turns out it’s too small, the IR200 would be big enough but amp sims no better. So for price of the IR200 I ordered a used GT1000 Core…my third one…lesson learned….again…
The Office Boss GIF

The Crunch , HiGain and Modded all list MDP modelling so those are the X models the others are probably Katana based

I have mine…and after two days it is already boxed up to return. It does just what it looked like it does, sound quality good, etc. The concentric knobs and minuscule labeling of amps etc are a pain
The USB driver isnt showing a dry through and yet wants to include the dry with the processed. Or at least that’s what it sounds like, Not sure it isn’t user error but there are no options to control those paths so why would this device suddenly make LogicX behave that way? No manipulation of input monitoring in LogicX makes it better.

overall the amp sims are adequate but not GT1000 level.
i thought I loved how small it is but it turns out it’s too small, the IR200 would be big enough but amp sims no better. So for price of the IR200 I ordered a used GT1000 Core…my third one…lesson learned….again…
If you're using Logic, I am guessing you're on a Mac. Did you download the Mac drivers? The manual recommends it
1702305169115.png

If you're using Logic, I am guessing you're on a Mac. Did you download the Mac drivers? The manual recommends it
View attachment 15581
I did install drivers for Mac Im on Ventura 13.3.1
Did you, by any chance, check the Audio-MIDI-Setup? Have a look at what the audio mixer says.
I don't think I looked there to see if anything was off. I just received the RA and already boxed it up so that mystery will have to linger and haunt me. Anyone finding my opinion on this should make note that it could be my fault regarding the USB in LogicX

Back