Borrowed from a friend.

greatmutah

Roadie
Same friend I mentioned who has a Fuchs Blackjack 21 let me borrow his other Fuchs. But it’s not a Dumble style circuit at all.

Andy’s was take on a single channel 800 and 900 series Marshall. 20 watt 6v6 power section. It does have a loop but it’s just a simple insert loop. Just has a single TRS jack which I’m not a fan of. But the base tones sound good, at least with IRs. Probably gonna be a day or two before I can run it through cabs at proper volume but I’m digging what I’m hearing. Definitely a little darker than a typical Marshall but I can goose the tone controls a bit more to get what I want. It also has a built in gain boost for each channel too but I need a switch for it. Guess it’s time to buy the dual button Orange Footswitch I’ve been wanting because I could use it for my Rockerverb anyway.

That sounds like a sweet amp. I’ve always liked the clips and live tones I’ve heard from Fuchs amps but never played one personally

That sounds like a sweet amp. I’ve always liked the clips and live tones I’ve heard from Fuchs amps but never played one personally

It’s pretty sweet so far. Definitely in the Marshall voiced camp so it’s easy enough for me to dial in. I’m stoked to get it through some real speakers sooner than later. I’m also gonna hit it with some ODs and see how it does with those. Especially my SD-1.

6V6s do a low wattage Marshall thing much, much better than EL84s in my opinion. (y)

They absolutely do. Bruce Egnater does a 20 watt version of his Seminar amp that’s 6V6 equipped. When I did the seminar back in 2016, two out of the six of us got the 20 watt amps. I play tested one of em and it didn’t give up much to my 50.

procrastinate silence of the lambs GIF

Got to open this little Fucher up today through my 1960A cab with Greenbacks. It’s awesome. It’s very much a Marshall style circuit with a bit less “air” to the tone. The amp loves Greenbacks. I had the masters at minimum around 11 o clock. Much less than that and it’s not a great sound with the Greenbacks. They need to be pushed a little to sound right and fill out. 6V6s sound excellent and when pushed add nicely to the Marshall like tones. Don’t know why more manufacturers don’t use them. They’re great and I like them more than EL84s in this application. Overall this little amp doesn’t Fuch around.

Got to open this little Fucher up today through my 1960A cab with Greenbacks. It’s awesome. It’s very much a Marshall style circuit with a bit less “air” to the tone. The amp loves Greenbacks. I had the masters at minimum around 11 o clock. Much less than that and it’s not a great sound with the Greenbacks. They need to be pushed a little to sound right and fill out. 6V6s sound excellent and when pushed add nicely to the Marshall like tones. Don’t know why more manufacturers don’t use them. They’re great and I like them more than EL84s in this application. Overall this little amp doesn’t Fuch around.
I’d take (4) 84’s over any 6V6’s to any amp, maybe a DRRI.
They have a crusty’ess, and when you really push them, they fall apart.
Almost a sorta 6L6 with less mids.
I wish that fuch’er would have just put in 34’s.
6V6’s do sound decent in a Lonestar Classic

Back