BOGNER UBERSCHALL EMULATIONS

Maybe I need to check out STL
They make some great stuff BUT they can be hit and miss. The more recent Amphub models are all excellent but some of the older ones aren't always to my taste (like the JCM800 and Soldano, which are thankfully covered well by lots of other plugins). The same is true of the Tonality plugins - Lasse Lammert and Josh Middleton are on par with the best stuff in Amphub, but the other Tonality's all sound a bit weird/worse to me for whatever reason). Amphub has really grown into quite a nice collection of gear, especially if you like heavier tones.

giphy.gif

Having both the SLO module does do a good job! But it's missing some thump but for $400 it's a great entry point...once you get by the docking buying

Same, had them both and the Syn module is fantastic for the price to toanz ratio. I’d just Uber module one of your amps.

Same, had them both and the Syn module is fantastic for the price to toanz ratio. I’d just Uber module one of your amps.
I feel like I'd be commiting a sin 🤣

Honestly I have no want to get rid of any of the amps right now.

I am tempted to sell the 5153 for a 5150 or 6505 because I'm a donkey brain but...

I'm one of the users on YouTube who guessed it right. I think STL did a better job here at recreating the real amp. Helix is great in general but it sometimes feels like it isn't close enough. Line 6 claims that their models are almost identical to their references but I think either their references are quite different from the ones on the market or they have missed something when modelling them.

I'm one of the users on YouTube who guessed it right. I think STL did a better job here at recreating the real amp. Helix is great in general but it sometimes feels like it isn't close enough. Line 6 claims that their models are almost identical to their references but I think either their references are quite different from the ones on the market or they have missed something when modelling them.
which ones do you think are off? Some of the earlier ones often sound a bit fizzier to me, but the more recent models seem to have improved in that regard. That’s usually the giveaway for me though in Helix models when comparing to the real amps.

For the most part their sound and behaviour are very realistic and accurate to me, it’s just a kind of characteristic digital quality that sometimes creeps in

which ones do you think are off? Some of the earlier ones often sound a bit fizzier to me, but the more recent models seem to have improved in that regard. That’s usually the giveaway for me though in Helix models when comparing to the real amps.

For the most part their sound and behaviour are very realistic and accurate to me, it’s just a kind of characteristic digital quality that sometimes creeps in
To varying degree, Dual Rectifier, Uberschall, VH4, Plexi, JTM45 and 2204. I know their 2204 is modded and most of these amps've had many revisions over the years but they still sound and feel "not close enough" to me.

Dual Rectifier and Mark IV models have missing channels and selections such as IIC+, bold/spongy, tube/diode, 6L6/EL34. I think that makes Helix very limiting and inferior to the other modelers if you're after a specific sound in your mind.

Yep, well done!

A=STL
B=Helix Ubersonic
C=Real Amp

The model in Helix is actually less than 10 serial numbers away from my amp, but the load will make a bit of a difference. STL is a rev blue. I had the gain on my amp a bit lower than the models, and as usual I'd say the biggest variable is my ability to dial them in. I think the models are excellent in their own way and offer a good experience of what the real thing is like
There always seems to be a "tightness" to the real amp when I hear clips of it that I feel like I can never quite match with any of the sims I've tried.

Sounds very good to me. I guessed C was the real amp due to the tightness of the palm mutes. Was pretty close though!

Is there any chance you could share the Helix patch at all? I have said this before, but I like the way you dial in your amps, so I'd be interested to see how you approach it in Helix.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back