Boden NX6 owners... talk to me

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
I know I've bitched an awful lot about the price of these, but I think I may be finally losing the battle with myself. I'm still bothered by the price, veneer instead of cap, etc etc

Despite that, I still want one. and I think I might pull the trigger at some point this summer. Used market seems pretty idiotic and unless a deal popped up seems like new would be the way to go (trust me, I've been watching for a while and haven't noticed any used deals to speak of)

Anyway, who has one? how you like it? Are the pickups worth a damn? That strikes me as another potential red flag at the price point of these guitars, but if they're good pickups....

Interested in all thoughts, good and bad

I recommend you get the original 6 . The NX series definitely has some worthwhile design modifications. The hardware tweaks are good and the mod to the neck joint. I don’t like the reduced wood specks. I have an original 6 because of this, before the NX revision.
IMG_3051.jpeg

IMG_3050.jpeg

IMG_3048.jpeg
IMG_3049.jpeg

I did do a bit of work on the fret ends
IMG_3045.jpeg

The fundamentals are excellent though on this particular one. You should try to avoid buying without playing it first but otherwise be prepared to either send it back and to do fine detail work yourself. I have this attitude to all guitars though.
In terms of quality this is no worse than a custom shop Fender but some I have seen some that are more like a Mexican one . Go over it with a fine tooth comb and don’t accept one with any core issue. If you do this they are great instruments and I like mine.

Last edited:
I recommend you get the original 6 . The NX series definitely has some worthwhile design modifications. The hardware tweaks are good and the mod to the neck joint. I don’t like the reduced wood specks. I have an original 6 because of this, before the NX revision.
View attachment 24018
View attachment 24019
View attachment 24020View attachment 24021
I did do a bit of work on the fret ends
View attachment 24022
The fundamentals are excellent though on this particular one. You should try to avoid buying without playing it first but otherwise be prepared to either send it back and to do fine detail work yourself. I have this attitude to all guitars though.
In terms of quality this is no worse than a custom shop Fender but some I have seen some that are more like a Mexican one . Go over it with a fine tooth comb and don’t accept one with any core issue. If you do this they are great instruments and I like mine.

Ugh, I guess I didn’t even realize the original is what I want the standard to be just in terms of the wood and pickups alone lol

That definitely would be what I’d want over the standard

But man… that $2300 price tag is even tougher for me to swallow :LOL:

Ugh, I guess I didn’t even realize the original is what I want the standard to be just in terms of the wood and pickups alone lol

I paid £1250 for this one.

Their Standard & Classic lineups are great, not missing much in terms of quality over the higher lineups IMO. They seem to be made to the same standard by the same manufacturing line, just different specs... which makes their higher lineup prices hard to swallow.

I like their OEM pickups, and they're said to be designed after the Suhr pickups since some owners found some "Suhr blah blah" stickers on the back of the pickups that manufacturing forgot to remove. They sound classic/standard and versatile, nothing to hate about them really.

Their Standard & Classic lineups are great, not missing much in terms of quality over the higher lineups IMO. They seem to be made to the same standard by the same manufacturing line, just different specs... which makes their higher lineup prices hard to swallow.

I like their OEM pickups, and they're said to be designed after the Suhr pickups since some owners found some "Suhr blah blah" stickers on the back of the pickups that manufacturing forgot to remove. They sound classic/standard and versatile, nothing to hate about them really.
The pickups are not Suhr and can’t be misidentified as them . There are physical differences. The wood speck is quite a bit cheaper but is still good .

The hardware on the essential is quite a downgrade but the regular hardware has issues too.

Kinda circling back to this idea but on the fence. Decided that an original would be out of the question…. Just not a chance I’m spending $2300 on a Cort :idk The body wood upgrades were almost swaying me, but the fact that in even that one it’s a veneer I can’t accept for the price lol I’m sure the Suhr pickups are cool but if I got a standard and wanted to upgrade could do that for a lot less than the upcharge

Have a standard in my cart but keep going back and forth. It’s definitely different enough from everything else I have. Wish I could actually try one out in person first but as far as I’ve searched there’s no stores in this state that have them. I have a homie who I believe has a prog but I haven’t seen him in a couple years probably and I don’t think asking to come demo his guitar out of the blue is the move :LOL:

Last edited:
Back