Blackstar Studio HT-20

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Found a pretty killer deal on one. Really liked the HT5 I had but ended up going in an amp purge. I also had a 50w head at one point. This is in between. I did buy one from Sweetwater back before the MKII and it arrived DOA so I ended up just getting a refund. It's at a local MGR so gotta put it through some paces first as I don't trust their equipment testing. Hard to pass up at 229 when I dont really have a working 15-20w amp right now. I remember on the 50w I liked the ISF pretty much dead center and keeping the gain knob pretty low and the clean channel was pleasant.

I dig Blackstar…:sofa

Oh My God What GIF by Bridge and Tunnel on EPIX

By VK do you mean a Peavey Valveking?

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF
I plugged a modeler into the return of one at a venue I played quite a few times…pretty good actually.

Then the amp literally caught fire…these days it’s demoted to a 2x12 cab…and I actually like the speakers. I bring a 15w head when I play there…and it sounds very good. If I could sign at the dot to get that sound always/everywhere…I’d do it. (Offcourse the acoustics of the place play a role also…so I’m not about to buy a broken valveking ;))

That happened to me with a new Dual Rec. people thought it was part of the show. I was in a Death Metal band at the time.
That’s an appropriate setting!

This one went up in smoke ..probably during a jazz concert (wasn’t me giving it its final push to walhalla)

Soooo I decided because the Blackstar was still in stock I bought that too. I figure I will return whichever one I like the least. Really wanted to try it out first but gonna try to get to the store tonight and do just that. Hopefully my job lets me have a couple hours to myself tonight. it's been hell week.

Back