Blackstar Amped 2

Fireproof

Shredder
17D965B2-0AF7-49AD-ADA3-0BD96FBE9C81.jpeg

Just saw this for the first time…

I didn’t know Blackstar even had “Amped 1” and now and expanded “Amped 2”…

On paper I should love this but it's Blackstar and honestly I haven't been very impressed with them. The feature set is good, but I just don't believe I would be happy with it and god help me if something breaks as Blackstar is apparently awful to deal with for repairs.

Looked through the manual. MIDI table is incomplete, apparently copied from Amped 1 manual so it doesn't have MIDI CCs for the effects at all. The MIDI implementation is also weird with separate CCs for all the switches instead of one CC per switch with different values.

Decently priced, and the sounds i heard so far weren't bad, but i don't know who decided to place the output power selection switch on the front panel of a pedalboard.

Someone is going to release some magic electronic smoke by mistake.

Looks like fun. I won't buy it but looks like it could be useful for a lot of people.

I'm going to post this picture that includes the Amped-3, because it was taken down at TGP at the request of Blackstar! ;)

FB_IMG_1664348245023.jpg

Given I posted this originally on TGP in September last year (IIRC), and once again this week, I was surprised that it ended up getting deleted, but perhaps Blackstar have decided that this Amped-3 isn't going to hit the market! ;)

I'm going to post this picture that includes the Amped-3, because it was taken down at TGP at the request of Blackstar! ;)

Ahh, yes, yes. Move the power output selector closer to the footswitches.

The Powerpuff Girls Bubbles GIF

Looks cool otherwise - it's a Amped 2 with more channels and without a mod section, which i reckon would be more useful for a lot of people out there.

Definitely not for me, but some will very probably find some joy there.

I imagine it'd make a decent enough grab'n'go solution. Add octave + wah, for instance, and it should suffice to bring you through any gig.

If you can hold the TAP switch to get to 4 presets, I'd give it a try. I'd love to get away from programming and more into just playing.

Back