Black Friday plugin sales 2023

I remember years ago I downloaded a program to put a virtual Commodore 64 on my Mac. :rofl
Also used Boot Camp to run Windows 98 only because there was a RC plane simulator program I had to have.
I’ve used bootcamp and parallels in the past with decent success. Enough to run all the programs in needed at university on a Mac ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I remember years ago I downloaded a program to put a virtual Commodore 64 on my Mac. :rofl
Also used Boot Camp to run Windows 98 only because there was a RC plane simulator program I had to have.
I still have an Apple IIe emulator on my PC. Every once in a while I want to play Zork, Hard Hat Mac, or Karateka.

I’ve used bootcamp and parallels in the past with decent success. Enough to run all the programs in needed at university on a Mac ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I used to use both as well, is that already possible again on ARM macs? All I know is that all of it stopped working, no idea about the status quo (too lazy to look it all up...).

Oh, fwiw, I bought nothing this BF.

My 2023 gear purchases might be even more amazing. All over 2023, I bought one (1!) single piece of music equipment, namely a 2nd hand Friedman BE-OD. That was it. No guitars. No amps. No other pedals. No modelers. Not even strings or picks (bought a whole truckload in 2022). I may refresh the stock of the latter next week, but it wouldn't be necessary. I think I have never bought that little amount of equipment in an entire year ever since I'm playing. 4 reasons:
- I'm too poor (I'm actually not exactly, but I do have to look after my money - and I've got two boys aged 8 and 13, so that's where a lot of the good old dough goes...).
- As a result of the above, I need to make informed decisions. And once you start doing so, you'll automatically purchase way less. Sure, there's GAS and what not. But then there's "What will I actually be using that ToneX (one of the things I really GAS'ed after) for?" - "Uh, no idea..." So there.
- Pretty much absolutely happy with what I have, at least for the most part. And getting the most out of things was a long forgotten virtue that I'm rediscovering now.
- Will have to get rid of some stuff before I really need something new. That stuff has piled up over the decades and flipping gear isn't as easy over here than in other parts of the world.

Maybe I should be banned from gear forums because I'm not worthy.

Oh, fwiw, I bought nothing this BF.

My 2023 gear purchases might be even more amazing. All over 2023, I bought one (1!) single piece of music equipment, namely a 2nd hand Friedman BE-OD. That was it. No guitars. No amps. No other pedals. No modelers. Not even strings or picks (bought a whole truckload in 2022). I may refresh the stock of the latter next week, but it wouldn't be necessary. I think I have never bought that little amount of equipment in an entire year ever since I'm playing. 4 reasons:
- I'm too poor (I'm actually not exactly, but I do have to look after my money - and I've got two boys aged 8 and 13, so that's where a lot of the good old dough goes...).
- As a result of the above, I need to make informed decisions. And once you start doing so, you'll automatically purchase way less. Sure, there's GAS and what not. But then there's "What will I actually be using that ToneX (one of the things I really GAS'ed after) for?" - "Uh, no idea..." So there.
- Pretty much absolutely happy with what I have, at least for the most part. And getting the most out of things was a long forgotten virtue that I'm rediscovering now.
- Will have to get rid of some stuff before I really need something new. That stuff has piled up over the decades and flipping gear isn't as easy over here than in other parts of the world.

Maybe I should be banned from gear forums because I'm not worthy.

Really good points, that's my goal for 2024.

not a black friday sale or even a paid product but CBA to make a thread.

Nice free spring reverb. Klanghelm make really good stuff and it’s all affordable. Loads of freebies that are great in their own right.

Toontrack sent me a 20% off EZD3 upgrade coupon, but it is still £70 to upgrade. Which doesn't feel great value for the use I will get out of it at the moment. I have 17 registered products so have given them plenty of my money in the past. £50 I might have found a bit harder to resist.

I’m in a similar boat with Toontrack. I have EZD2, SD3, and a healthy but not massive collection of ~10 SDX/EZX as well as a few MIDI packs. They got me with the kicks and snares EZX for $27 but the SDX sales were basically non existent.

I can wait until they improve the value proposition before I throw down more cash. They’re feeling a bit greedy at this point.

I wonder how much of it is the insane deals they used to throw out on Black Friday. 80% off and
$49/$149 upgrade pricing?? :idk

Seems those days are long gone.

I’m in a similar boat with Toontrack. I have EZD2, SD3, and a healthy but not massive collection of ~10 SDX/EZX as well as a few MIDI packs. They got me with the kicks and snares EZX for $27 but the SDX sales were basically non existent.

I can wait until they improve the value proposition before I throw down more cash. They’re feeling a bit greedy at this point.
Especially since their flagship product, SD3, NEVER goes on sale, ever.

Those are usually tied to the accounts and probably wouldn’t work for you. I know the thank you 25 dollar coupons work that way.
Yep, UA says because I already have an account and bought UA stuff, I get nothing for Christmas.

:cop

Yep, UA says because I already have an account and bought UA stuff, I get nothing for Christmas.

Join the club. Not that there is anything I want except whatever the new flagship interface is going to be. Still, no coupons for anything I can actually use plug in wise. Thats ok. I have plenty. Upgraded Melodyne to studio. That was about all I spent this year.

Thats great. Many of us paid triple for these plugins already and got coal from UA this year.
I know man.. I waited for months for Eventide to drop the H-910 & H-949 plugins by 50% before I bought 'em.

Back