Axe III + Diezel D-Moll

Honestly? I love it.

1670863988594.png

Genuinely, thinking this will be my board, and then flog the vast majority of my pedals??? I think I'm gonna go all in on the Axe for effects at least.

Honestly? I love it.

View attachment 3058

Genuinely, thinking this will be my board, and then flog the vast majority of my pedals??? I think I'm gonna go all in on the Axe for effects at least.
The thing I see on my rig is I LOVE the tactile feel of the dirt pedals vs. the equivalents in the Stomp. Tones are "there" but the special sauce of the real thing is palpable, comparatively. The FM9 Klon was FANTASTIC in front of the BL. I had some noise issues in 4cm but could have absolutely lived with that rig.

Honestly? I love it.

View attachment 3058

If I were gigging that’s most likely the way I’d go, keeping everything in the Fractal. Even though there are pedals I can’t recreate in a Fractal unit, I can get close enough that I’d rather be close enough than carrying another pedalboard or getting an 8-space rack so I could mount a GCX inside it and a bunch of pedals.

What are you using the 3 different expressions for? I use a dedicated wah expression pedal and then make the EV-1 a multitasker by assigning whatever else I need to it, though I have considered putting one down as a dedicated whammy pedal because I (over)use it so much.

If I were gigging that’s most likely the way I’d go, keeping everything in the Fractal. Even though there are pedals I can’t recreate in a Fractal unit, I can get close enough that I’d rather be close enough than carrying another pedalboard or getting an 8-space rack so I could mount a GCX inside it and a bunch of pedals.

What are you using the 3 different expressions for? I use a dedicated wah expression pedal and then make the EV-1 a multitasker by assigning whatever else I need to it, though I have considered putting one down as a dedicated whammy pedal because I (over)use it so much.

One is my real Dunlop bb535 wah which I love and can't bear to part with. The other is a Lehle volume pedal, which is really nice, but an expression pedal assignment to a volume pedal on the Axe III would do just as well. Then finally the EV expression pedal, which I'd assign to delay oscillation effects on the Axe itself.

Yeah I think the more I get back into pedals the more I want to get out of pedals and back to a modeler for Fx. :ROFLMAO:
You just trade for different pros and cons. Switching, routing etc are all so much more straightforward on a modeler but I always miss the ability to have dedicated knobs to adjust, hate having to navigate around so much or rely on a software editor to a high degree.

I'm probably going for kind of a best of both setups where I have my Axe-Fx 3 as one rig and my "mostly Strymon" pedalboard -> BluGuitar Amp 1 ME -> Bluetone 4x10 as the other one.

You just trade for different pros and cons. Switching, routing etc are all so much more straightforward on a modeler but I always miss the ability to have dedicated knobs to adjust, hate having to navigate around so much or rely on a software editor to a high degree.

I'm probably going for kind of a best of both setups where I have my Axe-Fx 3 as one rig and my "mostly Strymon" pedalboard -> BluGuitar Amp 1 ME -> Bluetone 4x10 as the other one.

For sure. I enjoy the straightforward and tactile aspect of a single purpose pedal, and there are a lot of unique effects that can’t be replicated by all-in-ones.

I don’t even mind the cabling and routing that much, it’s just the pedal churn that’s a PITA, until you build something semi “finished”.

One of the few guys I’d listen to an 8+ min clip from.

Sounds awesome man, I really dig the FX here. As stupid as it sounds for a home hobbyist, I might have to look into the AIII just for FX lol

I always wanted to try a D-moll... as for the effects, with a few bong rips I could see myself doing that for hours lol. Sounds awesome.

Back