Aristides guitars: Looking to buy one, anything I should know?

nightlight

Roadie
I am thinking of picking up one of these, and was looking to learn more about them.

I know that they're made of arium, and that they sound even across strings tonally. I also saw some videos where people describe playing on them as effortless.

I like my wood guitars, they have their own individual character and quirks. That said, I like the idea that the Aristides guitars may be more environmentally sustainable, and people who have played them say that it has killed their gas for other instruments.

Not too sure how I feel about a Richlite fretboard though, I'm so used to wood.

Hoping some owners can weigh in with their thoughts.

I had one for awhile and I miss it dearly. I've heard multiple people say if you want the full effect to go the Raw series. They aren't as unique in the looks department but people say they tonally sound better.

They are light but not too light and definitely have a unique feel. As far as stability, my guitars stay in a pretty much controlled temp so I can't speak to that. I say go for it!

@Eagle speaks quite highly of them, which is no small feat, unlike this.

Art History Lol GIF by Acorn TV

I've done a shit-ton of research on them, with results being as universally positive as you'll find for any brand. Have heard many say that they all sound the same and so the pickups are crucial. Would obviously make sense in that they have the same repeatable material used.

Played one at Drop Dee Guitars in Chattanooga, TN. REALLY loved the 7-string in "spidey" colors, looked fricking amazing in person. But I was dead set on a multi-scale. Do believe he still has that one and a couple others available. It was built absolutely perfect, just clean and precise everywhere with no QC problems. To me, they perhaps don't necessarily exhibit "amazingness", like, for example, Mayones does (but they are of course multiple pieces of wood and not comparable situations).

I guess where their "amazingness" comes into play would be the sheer endless variety of finishes you can get.

I'm sure I'll have one - one of these days. I think that maybe they are overpriced, but that's up to the individual.

They are fast ringing even responding instruments and acoustically they don’t sound like wood.
You would do well to try one out before you decide.
The acoustic tone is hi fi and loud, they also respond best to a gentle touch with a lot of subtle dynamic response. Hit hard and it can be brash but that would be user error. They project the pickup character extremely well and the build quality is flawless. Price? Cheap considering the absolutely zero corners cut in time spent and materials used.
If you want to play modern low register metal on them there is nothing better at any price. I play fusion on mine .

Awesome guitar, @Eagle thanks for sharing.

I’m pretty much decided on getting one. I’ll of course try before I buy, but something tells me this is going to be a superlative guitar.

The Rubato Lassie I have has a richlite board that I really like.

Aristides nail the sports car vibe with their builds. @Eagle yellow one in particular!

How is one of these going to sound with a Seymour Duncan Alpha Omega pickup set? Anyone tried those pickups?

I’ve never tried them, though I know they are Mark Holcomb signature pups. I like Periphery, though not a huge fan. Wondering if these will be good for downtuned thrash or death metal in one of the Arium bodies.

How is one of these going to sound with a Seymour Duncan Alpha Omega pickup set? Anyone tried those pickups?

I’ve never tried them, though I know they are Mark Holcomb signature pups. I like Periphery, though not a huge fan. Wondering if these will be good for downtuned thrash or death metal in one of the Arium bodies.
I would not look past the BKPs for these. They seem to constantly produce higher gain passives better than just about anyone. They also split incredibly well. It’s worth noting that if you go multi scale the pickups are custom made with the slant and the rout reflects that. The Fishman route is standard so if you wanted easy options for replacing pickups at a later date this is the easy option.

Also on a side note ;
Dear Strandberg this is how you attach a headpiece on a headless guitar.
IMG_3849.jpeg

Rock solid missing the truss rod rout and not relying on tiny little poorly placed screws.

I have a Swedish Strandberg Boden 8 custom shop. It’s not thaaat bad ☺️

I have BKP Aftermaths in an OD Guitars Venus 6 and a BKP Blackhawk in a Caparison Horus, so I’d like to try out the Seymour Duncans.

The guitar I’m eyeing is non-multiscale, so it should be pretty easy to replace pups.

Thanks for the inputs, @Eagle

I have a Swedish Strandberg Boden 8 custom shop. It’s not thaaat bad ☺️

I have BKP Aftermaths in an OD Guitars Venus 6 and a BKP Blackhawk in a Caparison Horus, so I’d like to try out the Seymour Duncans.

The guitar I’m eyeing is non-multiscale, so it should be pretty easy to replace pups.

Thanks for the inputs, @Eagle
The Strandberg individual head clamps are terrible but the new one piece is ok.

Back