Anyone who wants AMAZING sounding in-ears/headphones for $16... read this!

CHU 2:
shopping

Nice! Do you have some? I still love the original ones, but that detachable cable and formed earhook would solve my only major complaint about them. Might have to pick up a set of these!
I don't. I learned about them seconds before posting the above Pic. Might have to do the same.

TLDR (or watch); It's a great package and the tuning works well. Tangzu Wan'er is still #1 with a natural, flat profile (which is the type of profile the reviewer prefers over the shallow v tuning that is the Chu 2, the reviewer's #2 in the budget performance space). The Chu 2 has more bass, recessed mids, and a high mid bump over the (og) Chu.

I'm wondering how that tuning works for monitoring a guitar (I like flat, warm, no shrill at any expense), and how shallow that V is...?

TLDR (or watch); It's a great package and the tuning works well. Tangzu Wan'er is still #1 with a natural, flat profile (which is the type of profile the reviewer prefers over the shallow v tuning that is the Chu 2, the reviewer's #2 in the budget performance space). The Chu 2 has more bass, recessed mids, and a high mid bump over the (og) Chu.

I'm wondering how that tuning works for monitoring a guitar (I like flat, warm, no shrill at any expense), and how shallow that V is...?

Gonna find out Tuesday. I expect them to sound pretty good but we shall see. Worse case I’m out the cost of a large pizza.

For me the high point of these new ones is that the screen has less chance of coming out and ending up in your ear canal…

Does it matter which Tangzu Wan’er? Amazon looks to have about a half dozen brands. Are they all rebadged, but otherwise identical products?

Does it matter which Tangzu Wan’er? Amazon looks to have about a half dozen brands. Are they all rebadged, but otherwise identical products?

Probably not, standard Amazon disclaimers for shady vendors aside. I tend to go with the vendor I recognize and/or one that has lots of reviews.

I bought mine from Linsoul; I know the brand and they had far, far more reviews than the others that were around 25 reviews each which is pretty low. The prices are all about the same and Linsoul is currently the lowest if you apply the $2 coupon which is displaying next to the price currently.

I just got some of the tangzus and the zero (moonchu still shippin). Between these two, the tangzu I like a little more - the zero is a little more scooped. I'd say that listening wise I actually prefer the them over my shure SE425 - but I don't know which will work best in the band setting yet, but I think it'll be the tangzu out of all 3. They both have better high end extension and the shures have that annoying extra midrange which is less pleasant. Cute considering the shure were $200+ and two drivers! Also, the tangzu are substantially louder than the zeroes

1693237800999.png

I'd say that listening wise I actually prefer the them over my shure SE425

Yep. Shure’s IEM offerings, to be frank, sound like garbage next to most of these recent “Chi-Fi” in-ears. Shure needs to step up their IEM game because they aren’t even in the competition anymore.

The reason I discovered these better options was because I bought a set of Shure SE215 for $100 and was surprised at how muddy they sounded. I thought I must’ve been going crazy, but nope… these Chinese in-ear brands provide audiophile quality tuning at ridiculously low prices.

Yep. Shure’s IEM offerings, to be frank, sound like garbage next to most of these recent “Chi-Fi” in-ears. Shure needs to step up their IEM game because they aren’t even in the competition anymore.

The reason I discovered these better options was because I bought a set of Shure SE215 for $100 and was surprised at how muddy they sounded. I thought I must’ve been going crazy, but nope… these Chinese in-ear brands provide audiophile quality tuning at ridiculously low prices.

I bought another set for backup and a neat pink cord since the one that came with them didn't have a neck cincher deal. I gotta stock up on these bad boys or something

Hey all! New user here, I just signed up to say thank you to the OP. I got my Chu yesterday and and they are indeed amazing. Whole other level of clarity and sound quality. Thanx for your suggestion!
Welcome to TGF!

What sort of M_esa do you own?

M_esa? Not familiar with term. :rolleyes:
I do own a Mesa Boogie DC5, and I'm a fresh Helix floor user, if that's the question :cool:
Note the "_":

78927bad7e6f55bb45b105b5b590f8fc.jpg

And, like me, you'll never unsee it now. 🤣

Back on topic, have you tried the Chu's in a high volume setting? As in, how well do they block out stage volume? I'm stuck in that analysis paralysis land of Protecting Hearing + IEM volume = Conflict of Interest and hoping to find a set of IEM's that don't need to be cranked to overcome external noise levels.

Correction. The graph above was the SPL & Phase. This is the frequency response.
Still impressive, though

1693307633442.png

Actually, "FRFR" is not a good idea for listening music with in-ears.. The curve above looks more pleasant

Last edited:
Back