Anyone Want to Share HX 2203 Presets?

Byrdman

Roadie
My XL is updating right now... I'd like to see what others are doing to dial it in. I'll have time tomorrow to check it out!

What would you say if we take a day or so to dial it in and then post it up. Make it Stomp level so everyone, except @JiveTurkey since he just sold his, can participate.

Anyone want to share??? Or show off????

Selling gear right before an update:
Sad Jim Carrey GIF

I’ve been tweaking one that goes from “Kerrang” to full-blown 80’s shredder. Can we attach presets here?

IIRC zip files and a bunch of other file type uploads are (were?) blocked because they could contain viruses.

I have Native but last I checked; it wasn't working. If the update in question was a reworked Boogie of some sort at the same purported quality level; I'd be kicking myself certainly :rofl

i personally found the stock A+C model of the 2203 to be awful.

First step was adding my go-to IR. I spent some time yesterday attempting to recreate it with HX cabs, and I got pretty close. I used the Cali V30, position 3.6, distance 3.5. No cuts. That was better.

Then I cranked the treble. Whoever determined the stock settings for that model has some mega sensitive ears because that shit is dead and boring with the treble so low. I kept the gain around 8, brought the BMT to 777, then dropped the mids a tiny bit.

Added and boost, and I was happy with it for sure.

First step was adding my go-to IR. I spent some time yesterday attempting to recreate it with HX cabs, and I got pretty close. I used the Cali V30, position 3.6, distance 3.5. No cuts. That was better.

Then I cranked the treble. Whoever determined the stock settings for that model has some mega sensitive ears because that shit is dead and boring with the treble so low. I kept the gain around 8, brought the BMT to 777, then dropped the mids a tiny bit.

What my ears gravitate to and what HX default amp parameter dialer ears dial in could not be more different. This has been true since back when I first grabbed one :idk

What my ears gravitate to and what HX default amp parameter dialer ears dial in could not be more different. This has been true since back when I first grabbed one :idk
Some aren't a bad fit for my gear, but yeah some are just like--wtf was the sound designer using that they thought this sounded good?

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I just need to go through every amp and assert a user default that is more "neutral" (i.e. BMT 555; and for the pedantic among us, I understand that isn't necessarily "neutral," but it gives me more room to increase and decrease different parameters as needed). This is one of the primary ways in which my brain definitely aligns better with the Fractal way--just give me, more or less, the same starting point with every amp, and let me go from there.

Selling gear right before an update:
Sad Jim Carrey GIF
Sure but mine is very specialized. HERE To use it properly you should set footswitches to stomp/snap.

Oh and the crazy settings on the Deluxe comp are an experiment I am doing for the solo snap, may be way too much for you.

Last edited:

The treble and presence control depend on the cab sound you’re using and on where you have the drive control. If you have the drive control around 3-5 and a cab that lets some real high end through, you’ll be keeping that treble knob pretty low much like the default setting.

D

Back