Anyone using Kone IRs with QC to use Kone/Kabs? Looking for IRs of Imprints.

AFKAEjay

Roadie
Im gonna switch to QC from KPA for my electric rig. One of the downsides is that I possibly don’t get to use the Kone speakers, benifit of those is that it does guitarcab as well as fullrange for my acoustic guitar.

I tested making a neural capture of a speaker imprint…that works great…so potentially I don’t have to give up on the Kone.

1st world problem: I have 1 Kone, and play stereo. So…one side needs a speakerimprint, the other not.
When I wanna do that…I’m 1 lane short in the QC when I also want to feed foh with a cabsim.

If I had IRs of speaker imprints….I could to what I want in 1 lane…cause IR blocks are stereo..imprint IR on one side, null IR on the other…problem solved.

Idnk how to make IRs…and obviously it’s quite a task to do so of all the imprints.
Does anyone here gone to the trouble of making them, and willing to share? Or knows a good source? I would have no problem paying for them.

I’ve heard “there is some time based processing in the output of the Kemper Kone signal for the imprint so making an IR might not be possible/accurate”
Not sure if that is accurate.

If you can get someone to make a ‘subtractive eq ir’ of the Kone vs the IR of the types you want to use..greenbacks etc and then run through the Kones as "FRFR" and it will be good. I don’t understand the science well enough to explain it properly

There was someone at TOP that did that for the Celestion F12x1000 and the ‘150 version and it works really well. I was going to give him my spare Kone to do the work but got banned from TOP before I could arrange it

I have imprints somewhere out in the ether. I tried them with the Kone and an FM3 at some point and they didn't excite me at all. Despite thinking the Kemper Kab was so cool looking :chef

I have imprints somewhere out in the ether. I tried them with the Kone and an FM3 at some point and they didn't excite me at all. Despite thinking the Kemper Kab was so cool looking :chef
I have a Kone in a Mesa Thiele,….with KPA infront it sounds like V30 in a box to me ;)
I don’t see any specific tonal pres to use Kone…what is nice about them is that you can run an acoustic through it..and they are less directional then guitar speakers….so I hope I get less complaints I’m too loud ;)

Back