Anyone Have Other Hobbies?

Byrdman

Roadie
Mine is fishing. Having the fortunate location, Florida, to do so we like to go whenever we can.
Fish 2.jpg

Fish 1.jpg

Snorkeling and disc golf.

Definitely going to be getting a LOT more of both in during 2024. And being in Florida is definitely beneficial when it comes to the snorkeling! I’m hoping to get enough experience over the next year that I want to go for my SCUBA certification. It’s got a lot more to do with me getting over my fear of the ocean than anything else and I’ve found the best way to do it is to just throw myself in it and GTF over it!

Snorkeling and disc golf.

Definitely going to be getting a LOT more of both in during 2024. And being in Florida is definitely beneficial when it comes to the snorkeling! I’m hoping to get enough experience over the next year that I want to go for my SCUBA certification. It’s got a lot more to do with me getting over my fear of the ocean than anything else and I’ve found the best way to do it is to just throw myself in it and GTF over it!
Get your SCUBA and I'll take you spearfishing!

Hobbies?

Youtube Video GIF by tyler oakley

:LOL:

Nice catches, @Byrdman . :beer

I like to cook, long walks on the beaches, and writing poetry.

:idk

No, really. :LOL:

Seriously, I am crippled with being a little too nutso about music. I read about the history of it,
and the legacy of it, and the travails and pitfalls of it, and the blessings of it.

I do love to cook, and just bought an Harley this past Summer, but I don't do much outside of
music. Like if I have some free time what do I want to do. Play music or write music, or read
about music, or read about others playing or writing music. :love

Love me some cycling, but that is more about getting around and trying to stay fit.

Mine is fishing. Having the fortunate location, Florida, to do so we like to go whenever we can.
View attachment 15953
View attachment 15954
Nice! I grew up in the panhandle so fishing is still in my blood. I don't go as much as I should but still love it. Last time was earlier this year offshore from Grayton Beach.

I used to be big into golf and volleyball too but those have sort of faded over the years. Golf I'd like to get back into though, I do miss it.

Current hobbies now would be a variety of woodworking and cabinetry, and I still tinker with digital artwork when I get the itch.

Music has been number 1 since I was 12, but as I'm slightly older now I figured it's healthy for me to have other hobbies as well :p
I have a tendency to go a bit too "all in" when I get interested in something new, but I eventually learned to balance it out, well somewhat lol.
I got into bicycling a few years ago and of course bougth a way too expensive road bike which now is hardly used, I prefer the cheaper one for my casual rides, oh well...

Photography has been my main side hobby over the years, been pretty dormant on it the last few years but getting back into it now. And I can take my bike out to spots, win-win!

I live on the hills very close to the mountains so now trail running and mountain bike are my other free time activities.
Usually I do 2 10km runs and 1 mountain bike ride or long trail run per week.

I also also do al lot of hiking and skiing with my wife and kids.

Last edited:
Where is that? It looks like cold water looking at your gear. I have been SCUBA certified since 94. Don't go as often as I use too, as I'm getting older it's easier to stay in the boat!

Ha yes I know about getting older. This and previous photo was in South Africa. Sea temp was around 17 Celsius. Good fun although sometimes they can get a bit inquisitive…………

E6256B57-8A9B-44A2-88CF-6C418501F4DC.png

Outside of music:

Photography, hiking, road trips, national parks, collecting antique books, local history, enneagram, Myers-Briggs, cooking, DnD 5e, Disney history, exploring ghost towns and historic routes…

There are a lot of beautiful places out there to discover, I love exploring and finding them

IMG_2649.jpeg

IMG_2843.jpeg

IMG_0343.jpeg

IMG_2854.jpeg

Back