Anybody here use an Evertune bridge?

I LOVE it and see it like this-

Floyd Rose is to tremelo's as the Evertune is to fixed bridges. I can use standard trems just the same as I do a Floyd, but I still like having a Floyd. In this case, there's a HUGE benefit of the thing just not going out of tune. If you record a lot and you're sensitive to tuning, this will be your best friend. I check my tuning between every single take and that sh*t adds up after a while, I don't even check it once I start recording with the Evertune.

That said, there's a minuscule amount of sustain I feel is reduced from the guitar due to the bridge. It's not bad, but the string gets quiet and then cuts out quickly instead of fades. And it's really only if you pick a note and let it sustain, if you add vibrato and milk the note, you'll get some more sustain out of it. It also could just be this guitar, it's the only one I've spent a good amount of time with. The pros outweigh the cons for me.

The guitar has better intonation as you move up the neck as well, there's chords I can play on that thing that would sound terrible with other guitars (with distortion). And don't listen to any bullsh*t you hear about it effecting bending; that's only for people who haven't taken time to figure out how to use it. It has two zones and one of the zones allows you to bend without changing the pitch of the string, then other is the normal guitar zone. If you don't stretch the strings out properly and they slip too much, it'll set the guitar into the no-bendy zone.

It won't be my only Evertune guitar, that's for sure.

Have a Framus Teambuilt with one. Wish more manufacturers would offer them. Came from dealer setup beautifully, and several string changes has not whacked it out.... yet ....

Like DrewJD82, can't just have one, and always looking for #2 .... maybe an Eclipse??

Why exactly?

so i bought the guitar years ago. i recently picked it up after a while of sitting in a case and one of the saddles does not seem to be engaged anymore as part of the system. i fiddled with it for a while and adjusted it back and forth and nothing seemed to really work to get it back working. whats worse its that its kinda stuck in a way that i cant really even change the strings, its like angled in the back where the string comes out in a way that it wont allow me to get the string out or then put a new string in.

its probably something that a good tech could easily fix but i have just realized that the simplicity and function of a TOM or hardtail is fine for me.

People that think you need some Rube Goldberg Machine for tuning stability have never tried an Ibby with an FX Edge.

latest

latest

People that think you need some Rube Goldberg Machine for tuning stability have never tried an Ibby with an FX Edge.

latest

latest

So find some discontinued guitar with a bridge that was specially made to do something instead of buying from a myriad of new guitars that have a bridge that was specially made to do something? :rofl

So find some discontinued guitar with a bridge that was specially made to do something instead of buying from a myriad of new guitars that have a bridge that was specially made to do something? :rofl
Yes. Exactly. Get on it! I'm just sayin, the wheel was invented, and Evertune reinvented it with a series of pulleys, levers, and gears.

Last edited:
Yes. Exactly. Get on it! I'm just sayin, the wheel was invented, and Evertune reinvented it with a series of pulleys, levers, and gears.

Hahahah I'm just being a wise ass. I played the JS model with it, after years of playing the Lo-Pro/Edge, it felt odd under my wrist because those big locking bolts. Nothing I couldn't get used to but always felt this was kind of overdone for what they were going for. This started with Mick Thompson, didn't it?

I have an EC1000ET. It's a pretty great guitar, and the Evertune does what it claims to do - keeps your tuning stable. The bends feel a bit weird to me, even right on the edge of zone 3, bends feel like they kinda go kkkkk-chunggggg as the bend begins to happen. Not as fluid as a TOM.

But it is good, and if you're allergic to boomer bends, then it is the perfect millennial bridge for tit-tattoo'd-hip chicks.

I have an EC1000ET. It's a pretty great guitar, and the Evertune does what it claims to do - keeps your tuning stable. The bends feel a bit weird to me, even right on the edge of zone 3, bends feel like they kinda go kkkkk-chunggggg as the bend begins to happen. Not as fluid as a TOM.

But it is good, and if you're allergic to boomer bends, then it is the perfect millennial bridge for tit-tattoo'd-hip chicks.
Well, I'm ALL about the boomer bends, so that'll be a no for me dawg.

And don't listen to any bullsh*t you hear about it effecting bending; that's only for people who haven't taken time to figure out how to use it. It has two zones and one of the zones allows you to bend without changing the pitch of the string, then other is the normal guitar zone. If you don't stretch the strings out properly and they slip too much, it'll set the guitar into the no-bendy zone.

Shots Fired Reaction GIF by Sony Music India

Just turned my camera on and did this noodle. There's no way I'd play one of these if it were in any way weird when set up correctly. I love my fellow Orvillian Drew and his lunacy is why I love him.

(Thumbnail is still loading)

Not really. You can set Evertune so it can't go out of tune. Even when bending.
Not really what? I was just saying, while the Evertune clearly does what it says on the tin, it’s just overly engineered IMO.

What an Evertune would be absolutely awesome for would be setting it up so bends don’t do shit, keep it completely unwavering, then use it for pitch to MIDI like a Fishman Triple Play. That would also benefit greatly from never wavering in tune.

Not really what? I was just saying, while the Evertune clearly does what it says on the tin, it’s just overly engineered IMO.
Not really to everything you said :LOL:
It's not just reinventing the wheel and it doesn't do the same thing as Ibanez fixed edge does. No bridge does what Evertune can do.
There are plenty of applications for it, if you don't need them it doesn't mean they're not there.

Back