Anybody here use an Evertune bridge?

I like the idea the Evertune and it does work BUT it has a sound of its own that it puts on everything it's fitted too.

Not really to everything you said :LOL:
It's not just reinventing the wheel and it doesn't do the same thing as Ibanez fixed edge does. No bridge does what Evertune can do.
There are plenty of applications for it, if you don't need them it doesn't mean they're not there.
Fair point, I’m just saying for the expressed purpose of staying intune, I think it’s over engineered and not necessary. Yes, there are other cool things you can do with it.

And I guess my point with posting the Edge FX was less “this is so much better” than it was me lamenting that it never took off in a more broad way.

Last edited:
I can see it being over engineered/complicated if you’re not too picky about things being a couple cents off, tuning wise, in a recording. For the most part it’s not a huge deal and at most will add a subtle chorus effect when the guitars are off by just a cent or two, it just drives me nuts when it happens and knowing there’s a way out there I can avoid it, I’m going to take it.

I’ve often heard people pull the “Learn how to set up your guitars and you won’t need an Evertune”, I’m the last person in the world to complain about tuning/set up issues; if I can use my Strat with a standard trem like a Floyd, it kinda goes without saying I know how to set up a fixed bridge guitar. :bananaThey don’t slip out more than a couple cents between takes, not even enough to make the guitar sound out of tune with itself, but once you start stacking up guitar tracks and VSTs everything sounds like it’s got a micro pitch effect on it and that’s only cool if you’re doing EVH covers.

I only do four tracks generally, so I don’t have a ton of tuning issues tracking. To me, the Evertune is more the perfect touring guitar. Never shifting tuning regardless of environment. Also would love to try the MIDI thing with one. Can you imagine an Aristides with one? Jesus, you’d never tune it again. 😂

Can you imagine an Aristides with one?
I can!
276066018_10158660564266451_7342931000172268_n.jpg

This is what I'd go for.

Tune it to Eb, mount Fishman Triple Play, and make it so slight finger bends don't do shit to the tuning. Wham, perfect pitch to MIDI guitar. The only thing is it looks like I'd have to shave the pickup ring for the bridge, because it'd be a tight fit.

Back