Any jam fans?

Have fun! UM does indeed rock! I went to college with their drummer Kris Myers who was always a very nice guy when we crossed paths. He happened to be at (brought to maybe) a bar gig of mine maybe 15 years or so ago in a club in Chicago and his buddy was partying hard and was like "you should let my buddy drum, he's the greatest" (we all know that guy) and I turn to him to him and we both remembered each other and shared pleasantries and he said we sounded good and he was having fun and denied any desire to hop up... (what a compliment and class!) Asked him what he was up to and then he said playing with UM. I was shocked and happy for him. I knew he was super talented back in the day and nice to see that pay off and continue!

BT... Right? Four was a staple album in my college years (93-97) then they fell of my radar with my GD obsession (LOL!). And recently their album Traveler's Blues dropped and spun it on Spotify and spin it in its entirety every couple weeks! Then started digging back thru their catalog for more goodness :)

Damn! That's awesome!!

Myers is indeed the man! Seems like a super nice guy and is probably one of the best drummers in the scene. Serious monster behind the kit (and probably the best singer in the band too LOL)

Damn! That's awesome!!

Myers is indeed the man! Seems like a super nice guy and is probably one of the best drummers in the scene. Serious monster behind the kit (and probably the best singer in the band too LOL)

His talent is amazing. Don't mistake, we weren't friends, but had some mutual friends, and we were at a small school (Elmhurst College).

Big jamband fan here. Found the scene around 1995/96 while in college.

Of course, Dead and Phish, but Panic, String Cheese, Allman Bros., Leftover Salmon, Yonder Mountain, Billy Strings, moe., Railroad Earth, Goose, Infamous Stringdusters, Kitchen Dwellers, Greensky Bluesgrass, Hiss Golden Messenger, and Strangefolk just to name a few. I'm sure I'm leaving several out, but those immediately popped in my head.

Big jamband fan here. Found the scene around 1995/96 while in college.

Of course, Dead and Phish, but Panic, String Cheese, Allman Bros., Leftover Salmon, Yonder Mountain, Billy Strings, moe., Railroad Earth, Goose, Infamous Stringdusters, Kitchen Dwellers, Greensky Bluesgrass, Hiss Golden Messenger, and Strangefolk just to name a few. I'm sure I'm leaving several out, but those immediately popped in my head.

I bought Hiss Golden Messenger's '76 deluxe reverb last year! Was his touring amp for a couple years

BF8-D624-C-31-D6-4504-A1-B0-66-B85-CA211-C2.jpg

77-AB4-F5-D-F5-C2-452-E-94-CA-083-EB547-A790.jpg

On an extremely sad note, anyone that follows Lotus is probably aware that Chuck Morris (percussion) passed away last month along with Charlie his 20 year old son in a tragic drowning while kayaking in Arkansas on their families spring break trip.

Tonight and tomorrow here in Denver there is a benefit concert for the family. I was on the fence about going to either due to the heavy vibes. I watched the stream of tonight’s set opener and damn near cried when I saw his illuminated percussion kit up on the stage. I bought a ticket for tomorrow on the spot. It’s not going to be the typical light hearted jam band show vibes but I feel it’s important to be there

Chuck was actually Amon the few “higher profile” artists in the jam scene I’ve had the the fortune of actually meeting and hanging out with in a social setting on a handful of occasions. Seriously one of the nicest, genuine and most wholesome people I’ve ever met. Shit seriously sucks :cry:

I can’t imagine what his wife and daughter are going through

two nights of Umphrey's Mcgee and moe. @ red rocks kicks off in about 3hrs

I also just snagged a ticket to one of the nights of John Mayer errr. I mean Dead&Co

I would love to see Umphrey's McGee live some time. I can get into this stuff on occasion and when I'm into it, I'm REALLY into it, but then I won't listen to it for years. Funnily enough, improv jamming is my absolute favorite thing to do with other musicians, I'm just not the biggest fan of listening to it.

I would love to see Umphrey's McGee live some time. I can get into this stuff on occasion and when I'm into it, I'm REALLY into it, but then I won't listen to it for years. Funnily enough, improv jamming is my absolute favorite thing to do with other musicians, I'm just not the biggest fan of listening to it.

Bruh if you have even an inkling of interest in UM go. See. Them. Now. It’s an entirely different experience and it will alter your neural pathways

Imagine petrucci but he ate a 10 strip and wants you to dance your ass off and also get so overblown with prog you die and are reincarnated 17 times

No joke Jake ccinneger is the only guitar player I’ve seen live that hangs in the shred department with petrucci. And while UM vocals suck it’s still better than Labrie

Back