Any Axe I/O interface owners here?

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
I have Amplitube 5 Max and I am dubbing around with maybe trying to set up another laptop rig. I need an interface though as my Presonus Audiobox died on me. Eh it gave me a good 5 years so I'll take it for 99 bucks. I have FBV Shortboard MKII all programmed up to do everything I need. I just don't have an extra interface to use. Well, not one that makes sense for a laptop rig.

I am wondering if I should just go Axe I/O seeing how the chief use will be to build a laptop rig with AT5. I have some ideas that will keep things safer than the last time I did it and the laptop came crashing down and got destroyed. I just wonder if it's really that much better for AT5 than a regular interface. I know it has some features that a regular interface doesn't have.

So anyone here can make an argument for or against going that route? I have the bigger one of the two in my cart right now but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Also wondering if I even need the bigger as I will be the only one using it.

It’s their version of profile/capture tech.

From what I’m seeing on their site is that interface is $399.00

There’s a package deal with that interface that includes Amplitude 5 Max and Tonex Max for $449.00

Tonex also integrates into Amplitude.

It’s their version of profile/capture tech.

From what I’m seeing on their site is that interface is $399.00

There’s a package deal with that interface that includes Amplitude 5 Max and Tonex Max for $449.00

Tonex also integrates into Amplitude.

ohhhh ok.

I have Axe I/O. Its a great interface. I also have a Scarlett 18i8 and 2i2 for context, and the Axe I/O holds its own. The tuner is not great but serviceable. The knob for moving presets in Amplitude is cool, but I did not use it much. Overall, you can't go wrong and you use Amplitude, go for it.

Tonex is great btw. So if its a matter of 50$ extra, do it!

I have Axe I/O. Its a great interface. I also have a Scarlett 18i8 and 2i2 for context, and the Axe I/O holds its own. The tuner is not great but serviceable. The knob for moving presets in Amplitude is cool, but I did not use it much. Overall, you can't go wrong and you use Amplitude, go for it.

Cool I just may. I don't really have much interest in capturing amps but it may not hurt if I go with the bigger Axe/IO.

I thought they looked great was just going to grab the SOLO but then the pandemic hit and they were no existent ended up going UA Volt 275 and love the thing it’s compact
Very low noise floor , head phones out and mic pre sound great
It also has a vintage mode switch that gives you a more warm analog vintage type of sound
And of course the
1176 classic compression is built in w presets for guitar vocals etc

I thought they looked great was just going to grab the SOLO but then the pandemic hit and they were no existent ended up going UA Volt 275 and love the thing it’s compact
Very low noise floor , head phones out and mic pre sound great
It also has a vintage mode switch that gives you a more warm analog vintage type of sound
And of course the
1176 classic compression is built in w presets for guitar vocals etc

Ooh I see they have the 276 which I am guessing is the same thing but newer. That is something to think hard about. Yesterday the prices on the Axe/IO stuff went up 100 bucks!

Sometimes I can be such a moron. I have a Helix LT sitting at my feet which is a controller and an interface. Think I will try that first. See how well of a host it is for AT5.

Per my realization above, do you think Helix USB interface would cut it? I mean I'm gonna try any ways but you and I seem to have similar tastes in a lot of stuff and I respect your opinion.

I have an Axe I/O on one of my machines, also. Agree... it is a nice interface for guitar... Would like one with more I/O, 1u rack mount, SPDIF, but definitely can recommend it based on its existing capabilities.

If you have a Helix, I would definitely give it a go first since it is readily available. You won't break anything by trying it out. :) In the past, I have found L6 stuff to be pretty solid when used as an interface.

I have an Axe I/O on one of my machines, also. Agree... it is a nice interface for guitar... Would like one with more I/O, 1u rack mount, SPDIF, but definitely can recommend it based on its existing capabilities.

If you have a Helix, I would definitely give it a go first since it is readily available. You won't break anything by trying it out. :) In the past, I have found L6 stuff to be pretty solid when used as an interface.

Cool thanks for the info. I have been working so damn much I havent had a chance to so much as look at my gear this week.

Back