And on the Mark VII day they Boogied ...

giphy.gif

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Now I play my V through a roadking 412 or a Mesa widebody open back can. I need to get my front ported fixed. It needs a new Jack, and I don’t solder

Now I play my V through a roadking 412 or a Mesa widebody open back can. I need to get my front ported fixed. It needs a new Jack, and I don’t solder
My mission by the end of this year is to either fill up this empty Boogie 4x12 or grab a 212 or a couple of their 112s. I don't want the ported versions if I can help it?

My mission by the end of this year is to either fill up this empty Boogie 4x12 or grab a 212 or a couple of their 112s. I don't want the ported versions if I can help it?
What 412 is it? Are you gonna go sealed or open back if you get new cab/cabs?

What 412 is it? Are you gonna go sealed or open back if you get new cab/cabs?
Its a Recto slant cab. I bought it and a Mode Four cab. MF had GK100s in it and the Recto cab had some turdy sounding t75s. Which I normally like? I have a couple of semi open 112s cabs I gig with now. I am probably going closed back when I do get something.

Plan for the weekend...
  1. Play Mark VII through Marshall 6960B 4x12 cab
  2. Add both Boogie 1x12 cabs to the 4x12
  3. Fire up the Triaxis + 2:90 using the Boogie 1x12 cabs in stereo
  4. Add the Marshall 4x12 to one side and the 1x12 cabs to the other
  5. Revert to original Mark VII configuration with 1x12 cabs and the TA+2:90 with the Marshall (stereo mode), then connect my guitar to both rigs using a Lehle p-split
  6. Come up with additional configurations to include AxeFX3 & Helix floor using Pc212 and MF10s (4 cable method, WDW, etc)
  7. Ask the neighbors for forgiveness.
To be continued...

Plan for the weekend...
  1. Play Mark VII through Marshall 6960B 4x12 cab
  2. Add both Boogie 1x12 cabs to the 4x12
  3. Fire up the Triaxis + 2:90 using the Boogie 1x12 cabs in stereo
  4. Add the Marshall 4x12 to one side and the 1x12 cabs to the other
  5. Revert to original Mark VII configuration with 1x12 cabs and the TA+2:90 with the Marshall (stereo mode), then connect my guitar to both rigs using a Lehle p-split
  6. Come up with additional configurations to include AxeFX3 & Helix floor using Pc212 and MF10s (4 cable method, WDW, etc)
  7. Ask the neighbors for forgiveness.
To be continued...
I do something similar with my amps and 4x12’s plus two Bogner cubes with a Fryette LXII stereo amp. Sounds glorious! You should have some fun. A good friend of mine is an EVH fan and great player. I hooked up my SLO through a 4x12 with greenbacks, dialed up Ed’s delay and detune settings through the 2 Bogner’s and Fryette power amp then told him to stand in the sweet spot and play. I wish I had a picture of the look on his face.

I have a couple EBMM guitars with the active 20db push-push boost control on the volume knob. I have never really used the boost because it would clip the A/D converters on the Fractal and I'm too lazy to readjust the input level or open the back of the guitar to drop the boost output to accommodate.

Enter the Mark VII.
:headbang

Congrats! Looks sweet.

I had a Lonestar 112 that I traded off about 2 months ago - then started kicking myself for doing that 1 month ago. Don't be like Mike.

I sold all of mine and regret it. The Mark III was the last to go but also a Tremoverb head, Mark V 90 combo in Bronco White and Oxblood grille, and a DC-3 head. Oh and sold the traditional 4x12.

I sold all of mine and regret it. The Mark III was the last to go but also a Tremoverb head, Mark V 90 combo in Bronco White and Oxblood grille, and a DC-3 head. Oh and sold the traditional 4x12.
We should start SMR… Sold M ESA Regretters

Back