Acoustic cover of Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight. Fire ze tomatoes!

Very disappointed; I had my tomatoes at the ready but had to put them away....

....because that was awesome! Better vox than the original!

(And now I know they make 8-string baritone acoustics....thought I'd seen it all but had no idea!)

Let us know if you cover "mayonnaise"... :D

Great job! I really enjoyed that. The verse part is so good in that song. Always gets in my head for a while when I hear it, too (like now, haha).

Really strong rhythm guitar playing and clear, heartfelt singing. Well done all around!

Great Job Swirly!
Thanks so much!!!

Very disappointed; I had my tomatoes at the ready but had to put them away....

....because that was awesome! Better vox than the original!
:rofl I was fully expecting poop emojis but I have to say the kind words are really making me feel good! Thank you so much!

(And now I know they make 8-string baritone acoustics....thought I'd seen it all but had no idea!)
Tell us about that 8 string guitar..
That guitar is a Guild Westerly 8 string bari and YOU ALL NEED ONE ;) It’s acoustic-electric, and it sounds great plugged in, but it’s also one of the nicest sounding acoustics unplugged that I’ve ever played. Spruce top, *beautiful* arched rosewood back and sides, and it was only about $600 brand new. They were in high demand when I bought it and I had to wait about 9 months, but they’re probably easier to get now. Fit and finish was excellent right out of the box; I adjusted the truss rod a tiny bit and that was all it needed.

The great thing about the 8-string is that it has the fullness similar to a 12 string, but it’s less of a chore to string up and maintain because only the middle two strings are doubled. And if you want it to be a standard bari, you can just leave those two strings off altogether.

If anything happened to it, first I’d cry and curse the universe, and then I’d immediately buy another :rofl

Edit: this is the exact model and it looks like all the major stores have it in stock for about $680 now. https://guildguitars.com/g/bt-258e-deluxe-baritone-natural/

Awesome job! Great job on the vocals too, you need some chops to be able to sing on a live recording like that. Wish I could!

I've seen them twice since they reunited and they are doing awesome live.

Really cool guitar too. It has a lot of depth and dimension to it, like a 12 string, but it almost sounds like there's some strings mixed in low.

Awesome job! Great job on the vocals too, you need some chops to be able to sing on a live recording like that. Wish I could!

I've seen them twice since they reunited and they are doing awesome live.

Really cool guitar too. It has a lot of depth and dimension to it, like a 12 string, but it almost sounds like there's some strings mixed in low.

Thanks man!!! I really appreciate all of the kind words and encouragement!

I’ve also seen them twice since the reunion, and it was properly mind-blowing both times. I actually wasn’t much of a fan until I saw them live. It’s hard to explain how the energy of their music fills a large venue until you’ve experienced it, right? The opener when I saw them on Thursday was Stone Temple Pilots, who I love, but I have to admit even they sounded a bit anemic next to the Pumpkins.

Thanks also for the kind words on the guitar. I love all my guitars, but I especially love that one. It’s a screaming bargain for what you get, IMO. I put more info about it 1 reply above.

Great job! I really enjoyed that. The verse part is so good in that song. Always gets in my head for a while when I hear it, too (like now, haha).

Really strong rhythm guitar playing and clear, heartfelt singing. Well done all around!
Thank you thank you! It really means a lot to me!

The verse is SO damn catchy, especially with that little arpeggio that carries it. I had to learn it; it’s the only way I can get songs out of my head once they get stuck there :rofl

Thanks man!!! I really appreciate all of the kind words and encouragement!

I’ve also seen them twice since the reunion, and it was properly mind-blowing both times. I actually wasn’t much of a fan until I saw them live. It’s hard to explain how the energy of their music fills a large venue until you’ve experienced it, right? The opener when I saw them on Thursday was Stone Temple Pilots, who I love, but I have to admit even they sounded a bit anemic next to the Pumpkins.

Thanks also for the kind words on the guitar. I love all my guitars, but I especially love that one. It’s a screaming bargain for what you get, IMO. I put more info about it 1 reply above.

First time I saw was on the 2018 show and that was killer. Saw them last year and my seats sucked, I was behind some jackass trying to film the entire show over his head. But the music was good and Janes Addiction opened and was awesome.

Been waiting to see STP again but they haven’t come through town since 2018. They were pretty good then, but I could see how their energy is down a bit. Jeff is a great singer but not super exciting stage presence.

Back