A Tale Of Two MIJ LP’s (Update- They’re heeeeeere)

DrewJD82

Staff member
I couldn’t hold myself back. I’ve been daydreaming about this guitar (with some cream zebra pickups) ever since I laid eyes on it. I had the intent of getting an Edwards LPC because it’s a bitch to find any other MIJ LPC with an ebony board. Prices on them are still REALLY good ($1080-$1300) but I couldn’t get this top out of my head…

A399B046-DC62-4AE0-82BF-45771F819D02.jpg

2826DEB7-E54E-4500-B16D-BA2CB5B6415E.jpg

21CB3F1F-56F2-484A-B841-47A506AE5FC8.jpg

7D028B43-4CFA-4956-B373-0BFE5F1A703F.jpg

I can’t wait for this thing! I went to bed last night looking at 24-fret metal guitars, but in the spirit of what I’m trying to do right now, in getting specific guitars for specific tones, I have the metal bases covered and it’s not like my JEM is unplayable, it just buzzes on one fret. :rofl

I gotta start lookin’ at pickups to put in this; just like my Strats, I‘d rather keep this more classic sounding, rather than slapping high output humbuckers in it. I just know I’m gonna be Randy Marsh’in all over my studio the day I get that thing in and put the zebra pickups in! Look at that damn top!!!

I still want an Edwards LPC, but I’ll probably wait until after I get the Adam Jones Epiphone in February.

Cheers, @Orvillain, we’ll have to facetime so we can cross our Orville swords together.

Last edited:
That looks really nice. Good to see the screw on the truss rod cover in the middle of bottom section indicating a Gibson style vintage single truss rod.

After spending a few hours reading about these, FGN’s, Edwards, Burny’s, etc, I feel like I made a good choice. They’ve got the long neck tenons and have a great reputation. The majority are finished with nitro. It’s a ‘97 and the frets are all in great condition.

And since I’ve been called into work last night and today, I’m going to take a couple days off next week to make up for it and properly break this thing in!

I couldn’t hold myself back. I’ve been daydreaming about this guitar (with some cream zebra pickups) ever since I laid eyes on it. I had the intent of getting an Edwards LPC because it’s a b*tch to find any other MIJ LPC with an ebony board. Prices on them are still REALLY good ($1080-$1300) but I couldn’t get this top out of my head…

View attachment 3288

View attachment 3289
View attachment 3290
View attachment 3291

I can’t wait for this thing! I went to bed last night looking at 24-fret metal guitars, but in the spirit of what I’m trying to do right now, in getting specific guitars for specific tones, I have the metal bases covered and it’s not like my JEM is unplayable, it just buzzes on one fret. :rofl

I gotta start lookin’ at pickups to put in this; just like my Strats, I‘d rather keep this more classic sounding, rather than slapping high output humbuckers in it. I just know I’m gonna be Randy Marsh’in all over my studio the day I get that thing in and put the zebra pickups in! Look at that damn top!!!

I still want an Edwards LPC, but I’ll probably wait until after I get the Adam Jones Epiphone in February.

Cheers, @Orvillain, we’ll have to facetime so we can cross our Orville swords together.
waynes world GIF

Congrats that looks AWESOME!

After spending a few hours reading about these, FGN’s, Edwards, Burny’s, etc, I feel like I made a good choice. They’ve got the long neck tenons and have a great reputation. The majority are finished with nitro. It’s a ‘97 and the frets are all in great condition.

And since I’ve been called into work last night and today, I’m going to take a couple days off next week to make up for it and properly break this thing in!
Mine is 1991, and pretty sure it is nitro too!

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

Excellent call, and choice. I am all about having a complete arsenal versus redundancy. Nothing
wrong with having multiples, but having a stocked tone stable means you'll seldom get bored,
will always have the right tool for the occasion, and can find inspiration in a multitude of ways! :beer

Back