4th Kemper, Why, but Also Yes

texhex

Roadie
I think I’m days away from pulling the trigger on a 4th :facepalm Kemper.

I have a line on a Toaster with half of it’s warranty left for $1100 however new they are also $1549 now so I’m back and fourth on that, but probably leaning towards the used one.

It really bugs me that the Kemper won’t perfectly Profile some of my amps and that Tonex will. I can Profile the Tonex capture :wat but F that! I’m also remembering just how incredibly well the Tonex captures handle guitar volume roll off vs. how the Kemper does it. Stil…. Rig Manager works for me so much better than the Tonex UI and I’ve yet to own a Toaster (is that really a reason?) also I really like the way the Kemper handles cabs and the Lock feature for the slots.

Guess I’m just gonna do it again and maybe hold on to this one. The Stage I just sold a few months ago I had for three years, which is some kind of record for me.

Just had to vent a little…

What is your goal with the Kemper or Tonex though? Is it that you want all your amps in one box for convenience, or is it a volume thing, or for recording or all of those?

Or ... ?

Hey we wouldn't be part of this group if we didn't buy gear more than once...or twice...etc. anyway. Just completed this today and it sounds fantastic.

I almost want to ditch the HX effects for Strymon delay and reverb but the flexibility is nice. I know it gets hate (from me as well) but the Tone X sounds great

Attachments

• PXL_20230628_225947723.jpg
    PXL_20230628_225947723.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 51
Hey we wouldn't be part of this group if we didn't buy gear more than once...or twice...etc. anyway. Just completed this today and it sounds fantastic.

I almost want to ditch the HX effects for Strymon delay and reverb but the flexibility is nice. I know it gets hate (from me as well) but the Tone X sounds great
ANOTHER PIKADRIVE

What is your goal with the Kemper or Tonex though? Is it that you want all your amps in one box for convenience, or is it a volume thing, or for recording or all of those?

Or ... ?

Mostly just to have all my amps in one box and the ease of use of the Kemper in general.

Just checked and the local Guitar Center has a Stage in stock. Wonder if I could get them down to $1500 out the door on it.

Mostly just to have all my amps in one box and the ease of use of the Kemper in general.

Just checked and the local Guitar Center has a Stage in stock. Wonder if I could get them down to $1500 out the door on it.
Can you haggle with GC? I know SW does quotes as well. Also I've seen the Kemper Store have open box Stage for $1500

Refurbished $1300 it appears when they come in stock

The only piece of gear I've bought twice is the Strymon Iridium and even that's only because I found one for a really good price and remembered liking it the first time but didn't have a real usecase for it then. Now it's a good thing to put on my pedalboard.

For me this whole "sell it, then buy it again" thing is pretty foreign. I've thought about some things but then remember there was a good reason I sold it, like something wasn't quite to my liking etc.

The only piece of gear I've bought twice is the Strymon Iridium and even that's only because I found one for a really good price and remembered liking it the first time but didn't have a real usecase for it then. Now it's a good thing to put on my pedalboard.

For me this whole "sell it, then buy it again" thing is pretty foreign. I've thought about some things but then remember there was a good reason I sold it, like something wasn't quite to my liking etc.
+1. I'm pretty much a 'buy and keep' guy these days. I think the word my wife used last time we spoke about this was 'hoarder'.

I think I’m days away from pulling the trigger on a 4th :facepalm Kemper.

I have a line on a Toaster with half of it’s warranty left for $1100 however new they are also $1549 now so I’m back and fourth on that, but probably leaning towards the used one.

It really bugs me that the Kemper won’t perfectly Profile some of my amps and that Tonex will. I can Profile the Tonex capture :wat but F that! I’m also remembering just how incredibly well the Tonex captures handle guitar volume roll off vs. how the Kemper does it. Stil…. Rig Manager works for me so much better than the Tonex UI and I’ve yet to own a Toaster (is that really a reason?) also I really like the way the Kemper handles cabs and the Lock feature for the slots.

Guess I’m just gonna do it again and maybe hold on to this one. The Stage I just sold a few months ago I had for three years, which is some kind of record for me.

Just had to vent a little…

Far be it from me to castigate someone for this. I am on Helix LT #4 and Boss GP-10 #5. I dont think in the past 6 years I have gone more than a few months without owning either of them or both at the same time.

I gotta say, the Stage is one of the coolest and most original looking guitar-oriented devices ever made. I've always fancied buying one based purely on the looks alone!
Yeah visually I like it, could have left out those dot background things tho but I like the color scheme a lot. I have a soft spot for the toaster too, it has a distinctive look to it.

By comparison Axe-Fx 3/FM3/FM9 looks like a high tech cast iron stove. I should probably buy a log cabin so it blends in.

Helix is like some sort of black smart fridge type appliance that goes into your "Nordic" black and white color scheme model home.

Quad Cortex is made entirely of recycled Mac Minis.

:stirthepot

I've been enjoying my stage now through 6 gigs and a bunch rehearsals. Thus far it is great!
My experience with this one has been far better than my previous Kemper units. Being able to make quick changes on the unit from my phone is very convenient when playing live.

Back