3 Months, in a city of 200,000, for $2600??

Big amps and especially 4x12s are hard sells.
Smaller amps (<30w) seem to be priced to a much higher % of retail then big amps.

I just got a 60w version of an amp well below what I paid for the 22w version a week ago.

I used to live just south of there. I would've bought that in a heartbeat.

Big amps and especially 4x12s are hard sells.
Smaller amps (<30w) seem to be priced to a much higher % of retail then big amps.

I just got a 60w version of an amp well below what I paid for the 22w version a week ago.
It says everything about their practicality that the guy selling his can't even be bothered to unstack one from the other in order to snap a pic. :D

cost a fortune to retube

Head's got more glass in it than steel!

1718109826205.png

The more I think about it the less surprised I am that this hasn’t sold.

It’s such a niche amp, it really only sounds good for high gain distortion in a really loud band at a really big venue.

Trying to get clean and edge of breakup tones out of 150W 6L6 is my nightmare

Plus you can get a dual rec for around $1300 and if you really wanted 2 4x12s you can find those for around $500 each.

So that’s $300 more for an extra 50W you’ll likely never need and a worse sounding amp

Either amps are truly on their way out, people just don't have the money, or both..., because this should be gone.

1. The head is considered to be the "worst" Recto series, the original 3-channel version.

2. It's a stack being sold as a package deal for no reason other than the seller is lazy. You usually only see head/cab package deals if both pieces were made in some special color or something, but this is just a standard Recto with two standard cabs. Nobody wants head/cab package deals and NOBODY wants head/cab/cab package deals, because...

3. Nobody, even the most bombastic stage acts, plays full stacks in the "one straight baffle + one slant baffle" configuration anymore. People usually only want one or the other. Even if they want two cabs, they're going to use them in a horizontal config and will want them either both straight or both slant.

4. There is only one picture, and the most important thing being sold, the amp, is so far away from the camera you can barely even make out what series it is. I had to squint to see whether it was a standard 3-channel Recto or a multi-watt Recto.

The reason this amp hasn't sold is because the seller basically created a clinic on how not to sell gear with this ad. Arbitrary package deal because the seller is lazy. Makes you wonder how lazy he's been taking care of that amp. The package deal includes 3 pieces, and almost nobody, including the most dedicated tube guys, are going to want all three. There's only one single, awful pic of the amp taken from a mile away. Is it like new? Is it covered in scratches and gunk? Who knows! Oh and it's local pickup only.

If the seller split those ads up into 3 separate ads each with multiple decent pics of each piece instead of taking less than 5 seconds to sling a single terrible ad up on Reverb with a single awful pic, that stuff would have sold long ago.

Not hard to believe at all.
It’s near 3k, a very loud amp and those cabinets are massive real estate and loud AF also.
Who runs full stacks nowadays?
Not $3k enough to justify YOU having to off load all of that.
$1500 for all of it and I’ll be there at sunrise.

Last edited:
Even amp slut as I am, I would not buy the full set. I'd buy the head and 1 cab at most.

Back