2024 Do Something Challenge Offseason and Director’s Cut thread

last night's noodling with the new hotness

All guitars are my new (to me) Halo Inverted 6 except the outro solo was a 2014ish Les Paul, bridge solo was the Halo. Some parts played by me, some not... but I did play the bass... cause I'm a bass hog. 5 string LTD, Helix, Sd3

All guitars are my new (to me) Halo Inverted 6 except the outro solo was a 2014ish Les Paul, bridge solo was the Halo. Some parts played by me, some not... but I did play the bass... cause I'm a bass hog. 5 string LTD, Helix, Sd3

giphy.gif

Nice groove E!

More South Indian groove metal!

This is a faux quad tracked song, which I did by recording two takes with the automatic double tracker on the Quad Cortex. Mix turned out really well, I think, thanks to the new strings on this guitar and the bass.

Or at least, much better quality than the stuff I usually put out. :D

Here's another track I've been working on. Still needs an outro. And better drums for sure, I want them to be groovier.

The tone is provided by a Mesa Boogie Quad into a Rectifier Stereo 2:100. Talk about a marriage made in hell.

Mine is all old, the footboard is rusted up, and sometimes the volume disappears, which makes it necessary to give it the "Russian Treatment" so that it comes back on.

All said and done, this is one serious amp, even in 2024. You have two channels with independent channel EQs and then a graphical EQ, and those two channels have both a rhythm or a lead option.

I've heard that the first channel is based off a Mesa Boogie Mark IIC, while channel two is the mighty Mark III. Superb tonal options here. Heck, some of the knobs even have a pulled out option, which opens up some real tone sculpting opportunities.

Apologies for any noise in the signal, the amp was boosted with the Horizon Devices Precision model on my Axe FXIII, which also provided the cab.

Back