1u modeler or preamp suggestions?

Sleezy E

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Wasn't sure which section to put this in but anyhoo..

I'm looking to resurrect my old 4x12 in the not too distant future since I'll be living alone with room to spread out and no noise issues to worry about.

The last go round with this setup was a boss gt8 into a hafler power amp into 2 greenbacks and 2 classic 30's. I still have everything to run it that way, but I kinda just want a rack solution to run into the hafler/celestion setup. Preferably with 2 channels switching.

I've thought about finding an old 11rack and shoving it in there, but keeping the Furman would be ideal.. any thoughts?

Looking for used, most likely. Could be a modeler, could be a preamp.. I dunno.. I could just plug in the old gt8 or my helix but I'm looking to keep things off the floor aside from a channel switch.

Here's what the rig currently looks like
20230402_082139.jpg

This has a controller included....and a great price.

I'll see you the MB-1 and raise you a.....

:LOL:
Both good deals, but I'm trying not to have a huge pedalboard on the ground.

I have a helix for that :beer
and an old ass gt8

I'm afraid of ADA MP-1 because it's allegedly getting harder and harder to repair them due to parts being out of production, on top of them getting oooold.

I'm throwing Peavey Rockmaster out there. Love those things. Regret selling mine.

EDIT: Also if you can find them, the previously mentioned Kartakou Collossus if you want a 5150(II) or the R&R Sound SL/LD if you want something closer to a Soldano SLO/early rev Recto. I had the SL/LD and it was beeeffy.

Last edited:
In my try for a compact rack setup…I concluded that modern units are so much better then the older rack stuff….whatever advantage rack could bring me…doesn’t level out.

Digitech 1101..surprisingly good for his age, verbs are musical, some decent modeled amps in there, there is a jailbreak FW that allows IRs. I had it combined with a pen Engl 1HE preamp (530?) That’s a nice and affordable preamp.

Marshall jmp1..sounds decent

I also stuffed pedals on a rack drawer…maybe for home use a good option, was to heavy for me. That would open up options like Friedman IRx, Tonex/nano/kemper player, or whatever floor modeler that fits.

Or…a Kemper rack…those are super affordable on the used market..at least on my side of the pond. 700/900 euros probably…that’s hard to beat on that budget imho.

I don't know if Todd Wilcox is on here, but he's on all the other gear forums.. @TWilcox

He can build you any rack pre-amp you could want.

SLO, Langer, Snorkler, Messhugah...

Back