“Digital Amps All Sound The Same!”

Next stop: pineapple on pizza.

Final destination: inferno.
All Aboard Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

ToneJunkie seems to be just a rambling mess. I find him downright unwatchable. I don't care how nice you are as a person, if the content you produce is nonsense I'll call it just that.

To my knowledge there isn't a "your video should be this long" policy on YT. Several years ago the YT algorithm would favor longer videos over shorter ones but I don't think that is anymore in place but it seems ToneJunkie just keeps doing that nevertheless. One reason I found for longer videos is more room for putting ads in it.

This seems like a variation of his other video, “Modeling has peaked… IT'S OVER”.

Yeah, the guy's the AC/DC of YouTubers. He's been putting out the exact same video for a year now.

Unlike AC/DC though, i don't think there was much to it the first time around, let alone the n-th.

Last edited:
To my knowledge there isn't a "your video should be this long" policy on YT.

Not an explicit one, but the minimum video length for mid-roll ads in YT is 8 minutes, IIRC. A 21:27 min video is pretty much guaranteed to get three ad breaks by default, with their associated revenue.

It's a form of content moderation. YouTube wants longer videos, so they incentivize "creators" to produce them.

I remember maybe three years ago, YT changed their algorithm to not promote videos under ten minutes. I don't know if that's been changed.

I like the guy quite a bit, but I remember the point a few years ago when most of "Scott's Bass Lessons" videos were suddenly much more 'rambly' for upwards of ten minutes - then the last 2 minutes were the actual information you came for. This was right around the time that YT started pushing for videos to be over ten minutes long, and it was quite obvious when he took that to heart. :LOL:

I typically avoid watching these kinds of videos, but to a certain degree, he’s not wrong.

In my opinion, under a sonic microscope, two identical modelers, in theory, could sound different given the tolerances between the analog components.

When does it end? Or as the gentleman in the video says, “what are we optimizing for?”

I think his is forgetting a pretty big variable the players and the guitar
He plays the same guitar and the same way on all the clips similar would happen if he played a couple of Fenders in real word
As someone else said we are also talking about a miced signal not and amp in the room

why is it the red flag for these content creators who'll stretch out fuck all into a 10+ minute video is when they start the video and take a sip of coffee?

I don't know why that in particular irks me so much, I think its the thought of them preparing the cup while they're getting the lighting and camera right and spending time editing it to make sure those unnecessary sips are there

Back