Your favorite pedals

No Wah, Boost, Compressor, Distortion, Loopers or EQ?

Overdrive
  • Spaceman Polaris
  • Klon KTR
  • AmpTweaker Tight Drive Pro (I have an old built-like-a-tank model, but still being made)
Fuzz
  • Basic Audio Spooky Tooth
  • BAT Pharaoh
  • Dunlop Fuzz Face
Modulation
  • Strymon Deco
  • Spaceman Explorer
  • Strmon Ultraviolet
Reverb
  • Digitech Polaris
  • EQD AAfterneath
  • Strymon Cloudburst
Delay
  • Strymon Volante
  • Meris Polymoon
  • EQD Avalanche Run

No Wah, Boost, Compressor, Distortion, Loopers or EQ?

Overdrive
  • Spaceman Polaris
  • Klon KTR
  • AmpTweaker Tight Drive Pro (I have an old built-like-a-tank model, but still being made)
Fuzz
  • Basic Audio Spooky Tooth
  • BAT Pharaoh
  • Dunlop Fuzz Face
Modulation
  • Strymon Deco
  • Spaceman Explorer
  • Strmon Ultraviolet
Reverb
  • Digitech Polaris
  • EQD AAfterneath
  • Strymon Cloudburst
Delay
  • Strymon Volante
  • Meris Polymoon
  • EQD Avalanche Run

I heard a dude throwing down with an Afterneath at the shop last week and it was really nice. I need to give it a longer look.

Wah:
Dunlop Crybaby. I’ve had it for 25 + years. Only one I’ve used.

OD:

Boss SD-1
Keeley Phat Mod

Fuzz:
SUF Astoria
SUF Cosmic Queen
EQD Hizumitas
I do have a FF clone I dig too. But never tried a Bender.

Comp:

I used to have a CS-2 years ago but didn’t know what to do with it. Now I’m currently rocking a Kokko Comp (MIC Dynacomp clone). There’s a few I’d like to try.

Modulation:
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone MDV-2
EHX Small Clone
I had a Boss CE-3 way back when I liked. Should have kept that.

Delay:
EQD Dispatch Master
EQD Disaster Transport

@Whizzinby whats the rest of the chain and what are you playing?

Favorite OD:
Surprisingly a Way Huge Green Rhino through my 2204 and an SG or Tele - I’m not usually into TS pedals. Bogner Ecstacy Blue if you’re hitting something like a Deluxe Reverb…basically adds a killer modded Marshall channel to any clean pedal platform.

Honorable mention for the Barber Burn Unit. Hyper flexible and natural OD and Distortion tones that works well with pedal platforms and crunched up amps alike. Really anything Barber makes is incredible.

Fuzz
DOD Carcosa. It’s a modern classic that flies under the radar. Works with every guitar, every amp I swear. Awesome Velcro fuzz.

Modulation
LOVE my PastFX CE-1 clone. Great prices, great build quality, super authentic tones. Part of the magic is in the preamp so look for the version that has the preamp built in.

Delay
Boss RE-202. This thing displaced my HXFX and has me migrating back to an old fashioned board. VERY authentic, lively space echo sim.

Good luck!

My most useful pedal is a modified SD-1 running in 12v. I removed the clipping diodes and bypassed one resistor, the result is a huge tight boost, it's always on my board.
The next most useful is the MXR M108S equalizer running at 18v right after the SD-1, another huge boost that I can shape, very quiet and has true bypass unlike the GE-7 that distorts when I run the modified SD-1 into it.

Given what I have heard of your music and style of playing I would build a board of
the following:

Gotta have a Comp. Can't squeeze those juicy cleans without one. If I could have the
best of what I have owned in the past (and sold!) it would be a Cali 76 of some sort.
Hard to go wrong with the Compact Deluxe, or an Effectrode PC-2A.

Nothing goes better with a Marshall than an SD-1 on the Overdrive front, in my experience.

I'd maybe snag something a little less immediate and with a softer attack and maybe
some squish or sag to it to give a different flavor to pair with an amp versus doing the
goose the front end thing like an SD-1 excels at. The Greer stuff is stellar in that regard.
Also, a Lovepedal Super Six Ghost. Like a Super Reverb in a box. :chef I own a vintage
SR, too.

Fuzz is all you need, and there is a fuck lot of it. Brands I would wholly and fully recommend
without a single reservation would be Basic Audio (the Baskins Robbins of Fuzz!) with John's
epic sonic diversity. Just so many great pedals. You can get lost for a decade in Basic Audio Land.
He does it all, and then some. From the granularity of silica to massive stones. I dig the
Scarab Deluxe, Spooky Tooth, Square Wave, Kay, and damn near everything else John does.
He's a legend!

The other would be Analogman. Just get a Sunface. Everyone needs one. The best modern
FFs on the Planet in my experience. Also, huge fan of Deep Trip. The Hellbender is like a Tonebender
meets the Incredible Hulk. Granted, I don't know how well any of these pair with a JVM Clean
Channel, but I do know many of them killed with the Lo Input on a JCM800.

For Modulation I'd go with a Vibe of some sort and a Chorus. Hell, you can get both in one with
the Retro-Sonic Chorus Ensemble. That pedal is so lush and magical.

Delay. I love the DMM, but wouldn't put one in a loop of a Marshall. I'd snag the SDE-3000 or a
Boss Space Echo. The SDE offers multiple outputs for Stereo and the EVH one does the W/D/W
thing.... which could also be fun with the Axe-FX. Honourable mention for the Strymon Volante.
Maybe even a Meris LVX. :idk

Reverb. Nothing with springs! :LOL: I'd get a Meris variant for the interstellar travel opportunities
they offer. Polymoon or Mercury would kill in your hands. :beer

Maybe put a Looper on the board for shits and giggles. They can be fun and stacking tones/sounds
while using a Pedalboard with a ton of options is where a lot of good clean fun resides.
I agree wholeheartedly nothing is better than a SD1 into a Marshall🍻 I got one of these on the way to compliment my pedal board. Can’t wait to hear what it does with my MIAB pedals boosted by the SD1…
IMG_0496.jpeg

I agree wholeheartedly nothing is better than a SD1 into a Marshall🍻 I got one of these on the way to compliment my pedal board. Can’t wait to hear what it does with my MIAB pedals boosted by the SD1…
View attachment 21170

That’s interesting. I can’t tell whether it would be the perfect sweetener or “I don’t know if it’s on and it’s all in my head” :ROFLMAO:

Trivia: Who remembers the ending of Little House on the Prairie? What happened in the last episode?
A) They bury Charles Ingalls after he died from tuberculosis
B) the town folks Blow up the entire town of a Walnut Grove
C) Nellie Oleson buys Walnut Grove and gives the deeds back to all the families
D) Laura sits down and begins writing about her memories of the first episode and it begins again.

Trivia: Who remembers the ending of Little House on the Prairie? What happened in the last episode?
A) They bury Charles Ingalls after he died from tuberculosis
B) the town folks Blow up the entire town of a Walnut Grove
C) Nellie Oleson buys Walnut Grove and gives the deeds back to all the families
D) Laura sits down and begins writing about her memories of the first episode and it begins again.
is it all of the above?

Ok, friends. I am not joking when I tell you that the correct answer is B. They literally blew up the entire town with dynamite and walked away singing “Bringing in the Sheaves”.

Overdrives (That aren't an SD-1)
  • Crowther Hot Cake
  • Airis Electric Dragon (TS & TC Integrated Preamp in one)
  • PastFx BLD (TC Booster/Line Driver Clone)
Fuzz/Distortion
  • Way Huge Swollen Pickle
  • Maxon SD9
  • Source Audio Ultrawave
Modulation
  • PastFx Elastic Mattress
  • PastFx Chorus Ensemble
  • EHX POG
Reverb
  • UAFX Golden
  • Neunaber Immerse
  • Hologram Microcosm
Delay
  • Strymon DIG
  • Keeley Halo
  • Strymon Brig
Comp/EQ
  • Crazy Tube Circuits Phi
  • Empress ParaEQ
  • GFI Enieqma
Eventide H90 and GFI Synesthesia could fit into a bunch of categories here but they're technically multifx right?

Ok, friends. I am not joking when I tell you that the correct answer is B. They literally blew up the entire town with dynamite and walked away singing “Bringing in the Sheaves”.
I must've missed that one or forgot.:grin
Good way to end a show though.

Back