Your back-up rig?

DrewJD82

Staff member
IMG_3630.jpeg

Going to be tossing this in my truck to bring to gigs as a backup solution in the event my FM9 or one of my power amps go down, worst case scenario is I use the volume knob to go from clean/dirty with no effects. This will be temporary until I eventually snag a Stomp or put together a ToneX/HXFX board.

What do you guys bring along to gigs for a bail out situation?

my rig technically already has built in backups. if my helix dies i could just go straight into my 5153 or vice versa. but i still bring my quilter tone block 200 with a ds-1 bc they are small and i overthink things.

I never considered bringing a backup, ever.

The one, maybe 2 times I ever had a problem, another guitarist at the gig was always cool enough to let me use theirs.

Now, a few extra cables and 9v's.. always brought those

What is your primary power amp for the FM9, Drew?

I used to take the lowly Crate Powerblock with me to every gig. I think I only used
it one time. I have found gear to be decidedly reliable. The operator? Not so much. :LOL:

I’ve never been one for backups either, but I currently have my Stealth Pro power amp that I can use with my Stomp + cab, in the event that my Mesa goes down.

(Could also just use the Stomp into the PA, but this is likely faster + closer to my actual setup, in event of mid-gig emergency.)

I’ve never been one for backups either, but I currently have my Stealth Pro power amp that I can use with my Stomp + cab, in the event that my Mesa goes down.

(Could also just use the Stomp into the PA, but this is likely faster + closer to my actual setup, in event of mid-gig emergency.)
That Stealth still low key kinda makes me wonder afa a SS "solution" goes :bag

What is your primary power amp for the FM9, Drew?

I used to take the lowly Crate Powerblock with me to every gig. I think I only used
it one time. I have found gear to be decidedly reliable. The operator? Not so much. :LOL:

The Duncan PS170 and TC BAM200. Bringing both cabs tonight for sh*ts and giggles but I imagine I’ll end up jumping down to just one once I start gigging.

Drew, "You will definitely hear me tonight." :LOL:

After hearing the other guitarist crank up Saturday night I knew I’d be getting away with some volume in this band. Now that it’s getting closer to packing up my truck I’m considering just bringing the Mesa 2x12, I just don’t want to show up and be the new guy trucking in a ton of gear. I don’t have my cables snaked or the pedalboard all zip tied down until I figure out exactly what I’ll be using, so it’s a bit messier than I’d prefer to roll in with. But I also gotta figure out which cab will sound best in this band….pretty sure the Mesa will win regardless of what works better for the band, though. :rofl

I almost always have a backup rig, but have never had to use one yet. As of now, I have a BluGuitar Amp-1 ME as a backup for my Kemper Stage. But, that is going to change to my Badlander 25 and its pedalboard as my backup. I may have some difficult decisions ahead of me as to which one I will actually use as my gig rig.

After hearing the other guitarist crank up Saturday night I knew I’d be getting away with some volume in this band. Now that it’s getting closer to packing up my truck I’m considering just bringing the Mesa 2x12, I just don’t want to show up and be the new guy trucking in a ton of gear. I don’t have my cables snaked or the pedalboard all zip tied down until I figure out exactly what I’ll be using, so it’s a bit messier than I’d prefer to roll in with. But I also gotta figure out which cab will sound best in this band….pretty sure the Mesa will win regardless of what works better for the band, though. :rofl
Well im sure you will kill it and have a blast :headbang

Back