Yamaha TAG3 C TransAcoustic Guitar

Always wanted to try one; this new version looks even more rad :love
It's a very different experience. Doesn't feel like you're holding technology. It's just a really well-crafted acoustic guitar with tricks up its sleeve that legitimately help when writing songs. The effects don't sound like effects because the body vibrations and sound hole generate everything acoustically; the reverb kinda makes you feel like you're in a bigger room.

The looper is way more fun than it has any right to be. And IIRC, it intelligently shifts loop start/stop points to land on the downbeat.

Ordering mine next week and plan on keeping it next to the living room couch; haven't owned an acoustic guitar in years because I knew this was coming.
Come on, @Digital Igloo. No Alexa? :D
Maybe for TAG4 C?

Wow, I somehow missed that these TransAcoustic models existed! These new features sound pretty amazing - playing your backing track through your acoustic? What a trip!

Wow. I need to try one of these somehow! My first good acoustic guitar was a Yamaha my dad inherited from a friend.

This looks similar to the Tonewood Amp in function but with a looper. I love the concept and love my Tonewood. The only drawback I see is you have to buy the guitar with it built in. The Tonewood Amp can be moved to many guitars only needing an additional X brace for each guitar. Tonewood Amps is releasing a new hardware version now with similar recharging ability and BT app for optional app or onboard control of effects. The TAG looks pretty cool, as long as the guitar is to your liking.

I don' know, a musical instrument will last you for decades. I would bet money that you won't be able to run the control app on any new phone in 10 years.

As cool as it may be today, it may downgrade the instrument to a piece of consumable goods in the long term.

I don' know, a musical instrument will last you for decades. I would bet money that you won't be able to run the control app on any new phone in 10 years.

As cool as it may be today, it may downgrade the instrument to a piece of consumable goods in the long term.
Truth. What's nice here is that at least you'll still have a stellar instrument, even after the app is gone. Whereas much as I love Variax, if its electronics died and it couldn't be fixed, I'd probably stick to my other guitars (unless I had a USA-made one).

Back