Yamaha Revstar II

Fuck this! I’m leaving right now and heading to my LGS to try one of these. I’ll report back in a few hours.

f**k this! I’m leaving right now and heading to my LGS to try one of these. I’ll report back in a few hours.

Reaper.jpg

Same here I buy everything Online sight unseen so far so good
all my gear that i have /had never tried them
I’ve had some duds show up to my door. But luckily most reputable online vendors will take care of you.

I’ve had some duds show up to my door. But luckily most reputable online vendors will take care of you.
as for Guitars i always ask for a return policy, so Far they have been flawless, of course they are not always perfectly to my needs so a few mods, and adjusted for me and im golden

as for Guitars i always ask for a return policy, so Far they have been flawless, of course they are not always to my needs so a few mods, and adjusted for me and im golden
I’m heading into the city this weekend. I’m going to try and track a V2 down. I owned a TBX 5-string for a hot minute had it was very impressive for the price point.

I’m heading into the city this weekend. I’m going to try and track a V2 down. I owned a TBX 5-string for a hot minute had it was very impressive for the price point.
I owned both sold the V1 for the the Version II love the stainless frets, dont mind the jumbo frets ,actually feel like medium jumbo, very nice fretwork nice satin back neck
only weak spots for me are the pickups but most like them and the Nut, at that price point they could have went over the top and added locking tuners, these are great its just really for convenience
but these mods, locking tuners, nut and pickup replacements make me the perfect guitar for what i plan to use it
and all Around $1,200.00 CDN

~3.69 Kg // 8 Lbs not very light but very well balanced
the reason they Chambered the body

revstarprofessionalchamberingandcarbonreinforcement_body3qtrfront_8758-1646074886232_500x.jpg
I wonder why the carbon in those positions? These are well built particularly the Japan versions. The hardware and pickups are generic Korean though on all models. Nice looking too.

I wonder why the carbon in those positions? These are well built particularly the Japan versions. The hardware and pickups are generic Korean though on all models. Nice looking too.
Something to do with Stability :idk
They have the same in the Neck although I see it more useful in the neck than in the actual body

498180-Yamaha-Revstar-Professional-Neck-Carbon.jpg

Def Weak points, easily remedied
Strong Points Excellent Build, great neck, SS frets in other words great bones
The Indonesian one is a bit thick in the paint but the Japanese one is a very solid platform for upgrading.

I really fancy one of the blue racer-stripe ones:
497096-Yamaha-Revstar-RSE20L-Swift-Blue-Beauty.jpg

Totally not the kind of guitar I normally go for... but it's damn sexy. I think it would look better with all black hardware though.
I like the chrome, it suits the 50's American car vibe.

So My Locking tuners will be in Next week, so I will have all my parts, then off to the Tech
anxious to see how it turns out though I'm sure it will be Killer
Pics to follow once its all done

Last edited:
Dayyumm, Locking tuners taking forever, USPS is complicated AF From May 11th up till today they went to no less than 6 Different Carrier Locations and are now In Chicago, now expected for June 9 thats like almost 1 month ? I mean Texas to Québec Canada is not that far, can get to the moon faster :mad:

Woot ! locking tuners are in now gots me all me parts
off to my Tech Saturday morning
Anxious to get it back, Pics and review when I gets her back

Woot ! locking tuners are in now gots me all me parts
off to my Tech Saturday morning
Anxious to get it back, Pics and review when I gets her back
What gauge strings are you going with @Stone ?
I picked up these over the weekend.
I’ll string them up on the SG at some point 🤷🏻
image.jpg

Back