Would you rather…

A local guy hit me up about the Cutlass; proposed a trade for his 2010 Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster.

Thoughts?

Yes, I am constantly doing stuff like this to myself haha.

This was the original ad for it when he bought it:

I don’t know… I’m not a big fan of the Cutlass, but for me Hot Noisless pickups + LSR = :sick::barf

A local guy hit me up about the Cutlass; proposed a trade for his 2010 Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster.

Thoughts?

Yes, I am constantly doing stuff like this to myself haha.

This was the original ad for it when he bought it:

Huh? That ad is from 7 years ago. How can we make judgments on whether or not we think this seems like a decent deal if we can't see the current state of the instrument?

Anyway, of course I'm biased towards the Cutlass as an owner of one, but I personally wouldn't give up a newer guitar like the Cutlass with the stability of the roasted neck for an unseen guitar like the one on offer. What state are the frets in, for a start? Also, if the guy has contacted you for a trade, then surely he already thinks that it's in his interest to do so?

Why choose possibly a bunch of maintenance over "no maintenance" of what you already have?

EDIT: I also agree with @metropolis_4 about those pickups.

I don’t know… I’m not a big fan of the Cutlass, but for me Hot Noisless pickups + LSR = :sick::barf
Yea that’s kind of what I was thinking. Not really a “traditional” guitar. Plus, those pickups aren’t original, and this guy changed the pickguard. Only knows what else he “tinkered” with.

Huh? That ad is from 7 years ago. How can we make judgements on wether or not we think this seems like a decent deal if we can't see the current state of the instrument?

Anyway, of course I'm biased towards the Cutlass as an owner of one, but I personally wouldn't give up a newer guitar like the Cutlass with the stability of the roasted neck for an unseen guitar like the one on offer. What state are the frets in, for a start? Also, if the guy has contacted you for a trade, then surely he already thinks that it's in his interest to do so?
Oh no doubt the guitar is no longer in this shape.

I just happened to dig up the ad for reference as I only have his photos of it (not an ad).

I agree with you, though. The Cutlass is likely the better instrument. Just curious as to what other folks thought.

I’m also not a fan of the nut and the pickups.

Back