Win some PTU Points; Lose some PTU points

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
Traded in a cab I wasn't using for these 2 pedals at my local-ish shop. GT100 I have never had (oddly enough). Pretty damn clunky; but I wanted modulations and delays without going back to way more expensive and shell out $ town. Jury's still out on a usable dual pitch though. Semi-ugh. I grabbed the Boss EQ because I wanted something more extensive than the Fish and Chips. And because move sliders; watch t he EQ change on the screen :chef :love
jmjKYXx.jpg

Does the gt100 have the feedbacker like the gt3?

I loved that thing

The fact that the GT100 is still being sold as new (for $599 FFS! :wat:facepalm:crazy) is really beyond words. It actually sounds good. Or as good as MS3-era fx do. Which is solid. I actually really like the drives. The delays are missing the GT1000 sheen that I prefer but they are still good. The biggest twitch is controlling it. Either it's set to have gapless presets (which I haven't futzed with) OR I need to add a midi loopback to have multiple assigns to a single switch. This thing is ANCIENT in that regard.

Traded in a cab I wasn't using for these 2 pedals at my local-ish shop. GT100 I have never had (oddly enough). Pretty damn clunky; but I wanted modulations and delays without going back to way more expensive and shell out $ town. Jury's still out on a usable dual pitch though. Semi-ugh. I grabbed the Boss EQ because I wanted something more extensive than the Fish and Chips. And because move sliders; watch t he EQ change on the screen :chef :love
jmjKYXx.jpg
You do know you can snag a Core used for under 5 bills, right? Not that I've been looking or anything...

You do know you can snag a Core used for under 5 bills, right? Not that I've been looking or anything...
Yeah I don't like the Core. Too crowded and clunky and something that size should lend itself to utility, not drive me nuts trying to get simple IR loading to work. That wouldn't apply to my situation for at home jamming but I would rather have the full size if anything.

Definitely a "I want it because of my childhood" purchase, but I want one too, lol.

Something about those OG footswitches, (my first midi controller was an FC-100 MKII), still turn me on to this day.
Forgot to tell you. They also had the ME-80. But those switches and the lack of 4cm steered me towards the GT100. For better or worse :bag

The GT is running MS3 era effects. AKA missing the sheen of the GT1000 but generally speaking ok. I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to install a win 10 driver because Boss assumes every machine has a group policy (or lack thereof) with unmanaged windows update service that allows you to connect wtfever and expect the internet and windows to magically provide drivers. Oh Boss. Tone Studio on it still runs on Adobe Air which is something special in almost 2023 as well.

All this aside; assigns are unexpectedly super clunky. Only way you can do multiple assigns is using the extra ctl/accent/exp pedals and buttons. The number buttons are strictly for preset to preset changes. You can assign things to the current number slot. So preset 3, button 3 will allow for additional assigns. The other numbers in a bank take you to that preset. There is a manual mode like a traditional pedalboard. Preset switching is pretty fast so you could set up effects banks and just go preset to preset. But screw that obviously.

Effects sound good, if a little lacking in sheen compared to this generation of effects. Boss Reverbs are GODAWFUL. I am really still not sure how they are such big names in the pedal game with reverbs that sound this sh*tty. The 1000 verbs are fine-ish when combined with other effects to dress them up. The 100 era, OTOH; are not fine.

Was futzing around with it a few nights ago and got one of the best clean sounds I have ever had using the Natural Clean Amp. I am obviously big on my clean tones. Especially when paired with verb and delay algos from 2007 :chef

So in true me fashion; been futzing with the GT on and off for 4 days. I have found the best damn clean sound out of a modeler since my Kemper "days". Jesus I'm such a Boss idiot. The 1959 I & II is great as well. I'll be back in a few days to edit with Farley obviously.

So in true me fashion; been futzing with the GT on and off for 4 days. I have found the best damn clean sound out of a modeler since my Kemper "days". Jesus I'm such a Boss idiot. The 1959 I & II is great as well. I'll be back in a few days to edit with Farley obviously.
No shame there. There are worse types of :farleyidiots.:farley

Back