Win some PTU Points; Lose some PTU points

I am thinking I can't leave Metro hanging as far as shenanigans go.

I am going to take a trip to my local GC and see if I can do some trading "up" to a GX-100. There'll be plus cash involved but I am betting I can flip this positive to a more positive.

willy wonka and the chocolate factory charlie GIF

I haven't used it, but everything about the GX-100 UI seems terrible to me. Slowly dragging blocks to the signal grid is just bad design. From videos I've seen it also seems somewhat unresponsive, like the processor running the UI is not quite fast enough. I'm all for touchscreens on modelers for navigation but they need to perform better than a 2010 smartphone.

I'm interested to see where Boss will go with the inevitable "GX-1000" or "GT-2000".

I haven't used it, but everything about the GX-100 UI seems terrible to me. Slowly dragging blocks to the signal grid is just bad design. From videos I've seen it also seems somewhat unresponsive, like the processor running the UI is not quite fast enough. I'm all for touchscreens on modelers for navigation but they need to perform better than a 2010 smartphone.

I'm interested to see where Boss will go with the inevitable "GX-1000" or "GT-2000".
This thread is pretty much me yelling at myself. Thanks for popping in :rofl

Boss will forever have their heads in the sand. A $100 modeling pedal from Donner can do this kind of signal routing. The UI will forever be terrible in Boss land. No matter how many touch screens you slap on them. Elsewhere; you have people yapping about it as if "Oh I only need one amp model and I am good! Why update anything ever? Who needs a 5150 model in 2022? Not this guy! Crate 4x12 FX Return Output Select Mode (you know the impedance curve they "measured" in 2006) is much more of a welcome feature addition!". Just clueless apologetics for what should be a flagship from a company that should be a leader in this field.

This thread is pretty much me yelling at myself. Thanks for popping in :rofl

Boss will forever have their heads in the sand. A $100 modeling pedal from Donner can do this kind of signal routing. The UI will forever be terrible in Boss land. No matter how many touch screens you slap on them. Elsewhere; you have people yapping about it as if "Oh I only need one amp model and I am good! Why update anything ever? Who needs a 5150 model in 2022? Not this guy! Crate 4x12 FX Return Output Select Mode (you know the impedance curve they "measured" in 2006) is much more of a welcome feature addition!". Just clueless apologetics for what should be a flagship from a company that should be a leader in this field.
Sounds like you should not let Boss be...the Boss of you.

csi miami GIF

Back