Who Still Visits Guitar Stores?

I go in all the time. Usually try out 3-4 guitars. Then buy a pick and a packet of strings.
At most. And usually because I'm a window shopping jerk that never buys anything locally because selection and price and my usual dumb requirements:idk

I visit guitar stores whenever I travel, because there is not too much near where I live. I go to talk business usually, but I did purchase a guitar last year. Actually no, that's a fib... I traded them strap stock for a Hamer DC that had an unsightly ding on the back, and they were glad to move it on. The two nearest to me, I go more often to check stock because they are kind enough to carry some of my leathercraft. I do support my most local store for the odd pack of strings, but I also help them make pretty good dough with the pieces I supply them at pretty favourable rates (for them), more than I probably should, but the do serve a small local following for my stuff. From what store owners tell me, margins on similar stock my competitors provide don't leave them much meat on the bone for profitability, so I try to do better. The local store does get the odd b-stock I don't feel is right to put online, or has harder-to-describe issues which can be better seen in person.

The local store does have some decent entry level stuff, epiphone heavy, and lots of squiers, a few charvels, yamaha stock - nice to look at, but I'm pretty good for gear. Never much for amps unless they take in something on consignment or, timed out on pawn.

Back