What else can do phase reversed delay repeats?

ax84ch

Groupie
I confess. I love phase reversed delay repeats. Sounds like it is coming from somewhere other than the cabinet.

What else other than fractal gear can reverse the phase of delay repeats? I guess the old 2290 could... But anything else that you good folks are aware of?

Sony DPS-M7/D7 immediately come to mind. Gorgeous sounding units from the early 90s.

The source audio eq2 let's you flip the phase of each output, so you can use it to "stereoize" your delays.

Or you could place any delay (100% wet) on a parallel path and flip the polarity of Path 2 in the Merge block.
Now we're makin' bacon...

So set the delay to 100% wet, flip the polarity, then merge it in. Would this be 3 blocks on an HX stomp? Split, delay, merge?

This thread title sounds like the name of a stunt in Fast and Furious involving a muscle car going 100mph backward on a busy highway.

Seriously though, I loved making this effect on vocals years ago by copying and phase reversing tracks on my DAW. I never thought to try on guitar but now I’m inspired!

This thread title sounds like the name of a stunt in Fast and Furious involving a muscle car going 100mph backward on a busy highway.

Seriously though, I loved making this effect on vocals years ago by copying and phase reversing tracks on my DAW. I never thought to try on guitar but now I’m inspired!
I now no longer want to live any other way ha ha

Back