What do you think of my logo?

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
I am starting to write for this project. I'd call the stuff so far a cross between Sabbath, Clutch, and Slayer with a few weird twists. I used AI to generate the image. Really wish I knew how to do hi-res stuff but opinions are welcome.

Dozer is an old nickname I had that friends gave me describing my activities in mosh pits LOL
DOZER3.jpg

Obviously the point but the green in the text just seems out of place (maybe?). It definitely makes the name stick out!

I like it!

You prolly already know this, but there's already a Dozer out there, playing Sabbath inspired stuff...

Dozer

Kinda miss the days when there was only a hundred or so of us bands making metal. But, love the fact that there are millions of metal bands now... sucks for coming up with a new name though.

As for the art, the first thing I noticed was a bunny on top and can't unsee it...

7QrgNcg.jpg

You prolly already know this, but there's already a Dozer out there, playing Sabbath inspired stuff...

Dozer

Kinda miss the days when there was only a hundred or so of us bands making metal. But, love the fact that there are millions of metal bands now... sucks for coming up with a new name though.

As for the art, the first thing I noticed was a bunny on top and can't unsee it...

7QrgNcg.jpg
No I didnt but I wonder if they have been around for close to 25 years. Cos that was when I did the first Dozer material. I have it on a demo tape.

Looks like a Saturday morning cartoon 1D version of the Defenders of the Faith cover mascot. I think if you gave it the (whatever that "keep on truckin'" 70's hot rod artist) type of overexaggerated vibe; it would be cool.

Name is a tough one because thinking of a good, unused band name in 2023 is next to impossible.

No I didnt but I wonder if they have been around for close to 25 years. Cos that was when I did the first Dozer material. I have it on a demo tape.
From the link in the post where I mentioned it:

Dozer

Country of origin:SwedenLocation:Falun, DalarnaStatus:ActiveFormed in:1995Genre:Stoner Rock/MetalThemes:N/ACurrent label:Blues Funeral Recordings

Years active:1995-2009, 2012-present

Compilation appearances:
- "Rising" on All Areas Volume 37 (Visions Magazine, 2003)
- "Matter of Time" on VA / Burn the Street Vol. 3 (Daredevil Records, November 2004)
- "Vultures" on Heavy Psych Sounds Sampler - Vol. VII (Heavy Psych Sounds, CD, HPS127, May 2021)
- "Two Coins for Eyes" on Trip to Sweden (Weedian, June 2021)
- "The Impostor" on The Transubstans Vinyl Club Collection ( ...

NameTypeYearReviews
Demo 1998Demo1998
Universe 75Demo1998
Coming Down the MountainEP1998
Demon Cleaner vs. DozerSplit1998
Domestic DudesSplit1999
Hawaiian CottageSplit1999
Unida / DozerSplit1999
The PhantomSingle2000
In the Tail of a CometFull-length20001 (100%)
SupersoulEP2000
Sonic Reducer / El cono del enconoSplit2001
Madre de DiosFull-length2001
Call It ConspiracyFull-length2002
Day of the Rope / The ElectrocuterSingle2002
RisingSingle2003
Through the Eyes of HeathensFull-length20051 (80%)
ExoskeletonSplit2007
Star by StarSplit2007
Beyond ColossalFull-length20081 (90%)
Nymf / DozerSplit2013
VulturesEP2013
Drifting in the Endless VoidFull-length2023

Looks like a Saturday morning cartoon 1D version of the Defenders of the Faith cover mascot. I think if you gave it the (whatever that "keep on truckin'" 70's hot rod artist) type of overexaggerated vibe; it would be cool.

Name is a tough one because thinking of a good, unused band name in 2023 is next to impossible.

I just go with that I have used it going back about 25 years and I feel better about it haha

From the link in the post where I mentioned it:

Dozer

Country of origin:SwedenLocation:Falun, DalarnaStatus:ActiveFormed in:1995Genre:Stoner Rock/MetalThemes:N/ACurrent label:Blues Funeral Recordings

Years active:1995-2009, 2012-present

Compilation appearances:
- "Rising" on All Areas Volume 37 (Visions Magazine, 2003)
- "Matter of Time" on VA / Burn the Street Vol. 3 (Daredevil Records, November 2004)
- "Vultures" on Heavy Psych Sounds Sampler - Vol. VII (Heavy Psych Sounds, CD, HPS127, May 2021)
- "Two Coins for Eyes" on Trip to Sweden (Weedian, June 2021)
- "The Impostor" on The Transubstans Vinyl Club Collection ( ...

I'll send them some meatballs

for higher res you'll need to use something with upscaling (stable diffusion, midjourney). They'll all generate low res images, but then use AI upscaling. You can maybe do it with something else in post too, but I don't know if it'll work as well. What did you use / what prompt?

As band names go.. check trademarks as well as spotify/social media/etc. A lot of good band names have been used/TM by non music related companies registered for decades or longer :(

Back