What do you think about when you play your guitar?

Me?
If any of you dude’s on The Gear Forum
might be listening when I’m playing good?
Or to win my woman back..Redhouse forever..
Intimacy..tear jerking sincerity..grab the notes
by the short hairs and make them sing..
Mine the seams..the magic only comes at that moment you find it..finding you.
-it didn’t have to stop..it just kept on goin’…

In the Amps & Cabs forum? I guess I’m thinking about tone, channel, speaker and pedals…

9896a555d7e2b2e58b0839976bf5fdd2.gif

I'll address this seriously... ;)
- How am I slickly going to move from one box to another now? Wait! I only know one box! [just a slight exaggeration ;) ]
- why do ALL other people's positional shifts look so organic, yet I am always getting my fingers in a knot? :grin
- even beginners don't f*ck up as much -- might I be the worst guitarist on the planet...?
- I should really start using a looper when practicing soloing ideas [making notes sound better in context and have more inspiration, be much quicker in figuring out what are good sounding ideas over stuff, ...]
- Man, I suck...
- Man, I have some tasty moves -- shame I'll forget 70% of 'em under pressure...
- I should really be using a metronome -- no wonder my time sucks... Might there still be hope left for me?
- etc.

Last edited:
Mostly about nerd shit that doesn’t matter like tweaking an amp or pedal dial by a rat hair and pretending it matters. I’ll readily admit about half my playing is just trying to dial or tweak tones, though I have gotten a little better about just trying to riff out until the occasional flow state kicks in for a few minutes. That’s always cool when you catch yourself on autopilot just playing subconsciously. That’s generally where the good shit happens.

That and…

office space dream GIF

“I should probably get up and record this in my studio….”

:: points cell phone at myself and makes the 5000 riff idea video:::

I don’t really think about anything when I’m playing and really into it, it’s as close as I get to meditating without meditating. Until I fuck up.

“I should probably get up and record this in my studio….”

:: points cell phone at myself and makes the 5000 riff idea video:::

I don’t really think about anything when I’m playing and really into it, it’s as close as I get to meditating without meditating. Until I fuck up.
only to realize most amps sound the same because YOU are playing the amps.

Back