What delay effect is this, and is there anything similar in Helix?

molul

Roadie
The effect is the one in the left guitar:
(should start at ~1:45)

I might be misunderstanding it, but the guitar at the left seems to have some kind of delay with moderate feedback and mix close to 50%, and somehow the trail seems to stop (or fade out very fast) when a new note is played.

That's something similar to what I listened to in 2007's Smashing Pumpkins' "United States" (here, at ~6:16: ).

I've always wanted to that that kind of shoegaze sound, but it can't be a normal delay, as I usually end up having a feedback mess with my delays because the trail remains when I play a new note, unlike there.

So, does anyone know what could that be? And if so, is there anything similar in Helix?

To me it sounds like the delay and/or verb is going into the distortion/front of amp vs in the loop/after amp. Try the Analog/Adriatic delay with high repeats into some gain.

Similar to this (but less exaggerated):

To me it sounds like the delay and/or verb is going into the distortion/front of amp vs in the loop/after amp. Try the Analog/Adriatic delay with high repeats into some gain.

Similar to this (but less exaggerated):

That was it, yeah. I used to place reverb before distortion, but hadn't thought of putting the delay before too XD

This has fullfilled a sound dream from 17 years ago. Thanks very much! :D

Back