What’s out there?

AFKAEjay

Roadie
I want to stick a pedal looper under my board…needs to small and analog, midicontrolled.

Morningstar ml5 would work.
Id prefer the ml10 cause it can do stereo loops…but the pricetag is hefty in the EU..and a availability is pretty bad.

What else is out there?

*currently running an es5, but I want to switch to another midicontroller that allows wireless control from a small device attached to my guitar.

Voodoo Lab Hex would be similar. No experience with that.

I have the ML5 and it works as expected. Obviously it won't do stereo or loop rearrangement.

Wireless control will also work well, CME WIDI products would be a good for that. CME WIDI Jack is what I'd recommend.

Voodoo Lab Hex would be similar. No experience with that.

I have the ML5 and it works as expected. Obviously it won't do stereo or loop rearrangement.

Wireless control will also work well, CME WIDI products would be a good for that. CME WIDI Jack is what I'd recommend.
for wireless I’m all in on these : https://luminitefx.com/en-de

Ordered the main device without switches, plus one with switches …and 4 wireless controllers. Their upcoming release includes a controller with a dial that can do expression values…if it works as advertised…full control over my rig from the guitar…and it that case I’ll be over the moon..something I’ve been looking for a few years…but wasn’t really on the market.

for wireless I’m all in on these : https://luminitefx.com/en-de

Ordered the main device without switches, plus one with switches …and 4 wireless controllers. Their upcoming release includes a controller with a dial that can do expression values…if it works as advertised…full control over my rig from the guitar…and it that case I’ll be over the moon..something I’ve been looking for a few years…but wasn’t really on the market.
Yeah I use the Luminite Graviton M1 as well. I just don't use it on my pedalboard as a MIDI hub, but as a fully wireless box that connects to the CME WIDI Jack that lives under my board.

I then just hook up the Graviton M1 to a small USB power bank to make it completely wireless so I can put it on a desk, hold it in my hand etc.

Obviously if the M1 or M2 will live on your board, then no need for separate wireless device.

My interest in these is primarily cause of the controllers you stick to a guitar.

Not sure I understand your usecase…you switch manually from the screen?
I use a little bit of everything depending on what is convenient right that moment. I have the XY controller and recently got the F6W footswitch.

The pedalboard itself is more like a desk board so any switching is done by the M1, whether from XY controller or footswitches.

I don't have the ML5 hooked right now as all my pedals are MIDI capable, but it did work well when I used it.

ML5 is fully analogue and true bypass. ML10 is buffered, digital - it's not digital - and you can reorder the pedals chain!!!!
Important distinction and it shows in the price.

ML5 is fully analogue and true bypass. ML10 is buffered, digital - it's not digital - and you can reorder the pedals chain!!!!
Important distinction and it shows in the price.
Yeah…it’s a matter of buy what I need now…versus buy what can do whatever I come up with in the future…at a stiff price..

Back