Went to EQD Day 2023

How many ways do you really need to make a Tubescreamer sound bad?

Mandy Moore Reaction GIF by TLC

If needing a TS I would recommend the Ibanez mini. Why not a mooer or other almost perfect clone? Because the Ibanez mini is way cooler… that’s why. And thinking like that makes it sound better…. I kid… but it’s really all that is needed if one needs a TS pedal… really.

Oh… yes… and if something else is needed in the same flavour but different. Get a Rat!!!

TS and Rat can basically be all the drive/boost/distortion one would possibly need because the way both humps (yeah baby) they complement each other… hump alone or hump together for that super mega hump.

If needing a TS I would recommend the Ibanez mini. Why not a mooer or other almost perfect clone? Because the Ibanez mini is way cooler… that’s why. And thinking like that makes it sound better…. I kid… but it’s really all that is needed if one needs a TS pedal… really.

Oh… yes… and if something else is needed in the same flavour but different. Get a Rat!!!

TS and Rat can basically be all the drive/boost/distortion one would possibly need because the way both humps (yeah baby) they complement each other… hump alone or hump together for that super mega hump.
Unpopular opinion: never cared much for Tubescreamers, until I found out the MXR Il Diavolo, which I really dig, is supposed to be a tweaked version of that circuit.

Unpopular opinion: never cared much for Tubescreamers, until I found out the MXR Il Diavolo, which I really dig, is supposed to be a tweaked version of that circuit.
Neither do i actually. The Rat being one of the exceptions. It’s a very versatile drive/dist pedal.
When you say MXR I can’t help to think about that Custom Badass overdrive, I had it once and that was also a nice pedal.

Back