Went to EQD Day 2023

greatmutah

Roadie
Rather than hijack another thread I figured I’d post here. Went to EQD Day at their shop in Akron. It was pretty sweet. Came home with a couple pedals, got to demo some things and check out a couple clinics. Worth a drive if it’s not too far for you. Probably gonna do this again next year. Also some dude brought his Cello to test with pedals. Crazy.

That’s really cool. Would be awesome to be able plug into a board with everything by them on it and be able to compare and play them all.

I want to try their new chorus pedal. We’re you able to check that out?

I did not get to check out the Aurelius unfortunately. The board I was playing on didn’t have it. I did try the Sea Machine but that may be too much for me. The Aurelius is probably more my speed.

I did try the Data Corrupter and could see myself using that as solo tone voice. Really cool. Also I think I’m still going to wind up with an Avalanche Run as a tap delay. The DM and DT both have been a lot of fun since I got them home though. I’ll be doing this again next year.

Last edited:
Man, I came home fully expecting to love the Dispatch Master, and I like it, but I’m over the moon with this Disaster Transport. Getting some memory man vibes from it for sure.
Disaster Transport is a tried and tested classic imo. Great pedal. Dispatch master is a great pedal to, its kinda the perfect delay verb thing.

Both the Dispatch Master and Disaster Transport (SR) are epic. :chef I wasn't as moved in the loins as
much by the Avalanche Run. :idk

For me; I'd just be going to see the pedal enclosures :sofa :chef
Def the coolest ones on that thing… they used to have this crazy pedal with only one huge knob. Always thought it looked super cool… can’t remember what it did though. :rofl

EQD can be a bit in the "We Are Indie/We Pnly Play Offsets" vibe.

Some of their early offerings were too legit to quit, though. Hard to find a better modern Muff than the Hoof.
That is a legendary fuzz. And they even made an Orange In A Box once upon a time that was great, and when no
one else was.

Monarch something or other. :idk

Def the coolest ones on that thing… they used to have this crazy pedal with only one huge knob. Always thought it looked super cool… can’t remember what it did though. :rofl
Speaker Cranker? Wanted to try one then got tired of the Plumes in about 10 minutes so never ended up going back their way.

SUNN Amp In A Box. Stone/Doom For Days. :chef

Acapulco Gold?

daoajiytklwsd6shktbh.jpg

EQD can be a bit in the "We Are Indie/We Pnly Play Offsets" vibe.

Some of their early offerings were too legit to quit, though. Hard to find a better modern Muff than the Hoof.
That is a legendary fuzz. And they even made an Orange In A Box once upon a time that was great, and when no
one else was.

Monarch something or other. :idk
Absolutely. Though not prohibitively so, though?

Some of their quirkiest stuff is definitely prohibitive to chucking out Brown Eyed Girl this coming Saturday night. :rofl

Oh they have total hipster vibes for sure. But i personally dig the products and have been able to make the ones I’ve bought work for me. Plus I’m kind of a fanboy for the limited colors and crap like that. I don’t have a Hoof yet, but my Hizumitas is a fantastic take on a Triangle Muff. Hangs well with my SUF Astoria (admittedly a Rams Head Muff but there are a lot of similarities) and sounds even better boosted with my SD-1. A Hoof is in my future for sure though. And a SUF Red Menace.

Back