Well don't want to count my chickens yet but...

Having had the Helix with a Fixed pedal was kind of Meh I really like to position my EXP pedal to where ii like it and comfortable with
but yeah different strokes for different folks
In Bob's direction; the TMP is really close to being a size where I could see a built in exp. But then it would probably be more expensive so that would make it an instant no at that point :oops:

Expression pedals on modelers are an odd thing. NONE of the modelers I've owned had an expression pedal that comes anywhere close to being what I want for a wah. So that immediately dumps that addition as a table stakes item. I do use exp all the time but I like to be able to rearrange it's location on my pedalboard.

I will say on something small like the GP10 or the MX5; I do like them built in to give you some additional control options without blowing up the form factor. So I am definitely more inclined to want them on a smaller device; as odd as that may seem? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah I am the opposite. I really like how much more throw I get from the LT's expression pedal compared to my Vox wah or the (yuck) Cry Baby wah's. I have always put mine on the right side too so it works out well. The way I see it is all an extra exp pedal and 2 cables present are 3 more things that can break or go haywire.

Not to mention an added part that could fail.
Yes I had to open up my Helix to Fix the Pedal as it was binding, was no big deal some Lithium grease and all was good .. but if it would have something like a mechanical failure ..well then thats where id be pissed

Or 3 added parts that could fail if no built in exp
Yeah, but a separate pedal is easier and more likely cheaper to replace than if a built-in one failed. Not saying it happens a lot though, was more curious why it's a make or break option for players with the plethora of expressions out there.

I've had both included and external expression pedals fail or need replacing/repairs so it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation IME.

I actually prefer a built-in expression pedal. Makes it truly all-in-one and adds to the convenience + less connections factor, for me.

I don't use it a ton though, just for wah on a few songs. I had no issues with Helix Floor's and currently I like the GT-1000's.

I don't mind the Helix exp pedal, once adjusted. However, I rarely use it for wah.

I have an old Crybaby that I modded and it just feels more like what I'm used to - not that I use wah all that much these days.

“IT DIRECTOR”

Young Dolph Money GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop

Back