Wazzup?? I'll Open Up With Something Controversial: What Guitarist Don't You "Get"?

That’s when they were good. Terry Glaze!!!
I have an obscure cassette from Terry Glaze Just found it again today but I don’t have a cassette player anymore.
IMG_1791.jpeg
IMG_1792.jpeg

I couldn't disagree more if you're talking being melodic and creative with I-IV-V blues.

*cough*

square_200@2x.jpg
derek-trucks-interview_fullsize_story1.jpg
Erick-Steckel-01.jpg

Just 3 out of more examples than you can count.

This highlights Andy's point, IMO. He's not saying it's impossible to be melodic/interesting with pentatonic, I-IV-V stuff, but it's so rare that you've got to use guitarists who made careers in their niche of being unique at what they do as an example of 'not the boring shit'.

This highlights Andy's point, IMO. He's not saying it's impossible to be melodic/interesting with pentatonic, I-IV-V stuff, but it's so rare that you've got to use guitarists who made careers in their niche of being unique at what they do as an example of 'not the boring shit'.

They may be 3 of the best at what they do but they are not even close to being unique. All three are playing versions of the blues with a very high level of creativity and technique but walk into and decent rock/blue club on any night and you'll hear someone who turns your head just as much.

There's a billion players who an rip through Eddie's Eruption with ease.
There's ten times that who can rip through Clapton's Crossroads solo with the same ease.

Last edited:
I'm catching up on the whole thread... Bare with me ;)

If I had a vajayjay maybe I would get John Mayer.

#shotsfired
I get people who aren't into his music, but the guy can really play...

Zack Wylde.

More like... Zack Why?
The first couple Ozzy albums I really liked Zakk. He was very melodic and even (dare I say) tasteful. And had the tones and chops, too.

Later he seemed to become a parody of himself. It's like he's just got a 100% Full Tilt Berserker Mode switch and he turns it on as soon as solo time comes around.

Here’s an unpopular opinion for ya. I think EJ is a great guitar player. I just don’t like hardly any of his songs. I’m also not that enamored with his tone.
Boo! And boo!

Would someone please hide Jeff Beck's whammy bar!?

That is all.
Just fuck you, man! :D
Wait, no, fuck you! :D
Eric Johnson ?
These guys came into the spotlight well after EVH
EJ was actually around before Eddie but wasn't well known...

I want to like Bonamassa... He's a great player and singer. His music just doesn't connect.

Petrucci - does nothing for me.

Paul Gilbert - he seems like a cool, fun and funny dude but his tunes don't do it for me. Although I did really like the early Mr Big stuff.

Back