Want to add a recording tool, PS2A for my many tube amps...FM3...HX Stomp...decisions decisions - Opinions Please

The FM3 looks great on paper but if it has a really steep learning curve and is a PITA to work with I may never use all that extra horse power.
a popular and common MISCONCEPTION with Fractal Audio stuff. Sure it may look daunting at first but you do not need to go in deeper water to get great results. Editor on PC/Mac is you friend.

Also FM3 has far better presets IMHO than Helix to start with, and build your tones. I rarely touch any sub menu unless I have to. And if you do, it will only reward you with more tweakability. It is not that bad at all as many ppl depicts.

I have both FM3 and Stomp and love both. but if budget is not an issue I would definitely go for FM3 in the long run, if not both.

a popular and common MISCONCEPTION with Fractal Audio stuff. Sure it may look daunting at first but you do not need to go in deeper water to get great results. Editor on PC/Mac is you friend.

Also FM3 has far better presets IMHO than Helix to start with, and build your tones. I rarely touch any sub menu unless I have to. And if you do, it will only reward you with more tweakability. It is not that bad at all as many ppl depicts.

I have both FM3 and Stomp and love both. but if budget is not an issue I would definitely go for FM3 in the long run, if not both.
That's what I'm doing. I listened to a bunch of amp models and the models in the FM3, FM9 & Axe-FX III are outstanding. That's going to be fun as hell. I emailed Fractal to put me on the waiting list a couple of days ago. Time to upgrade my tired old monitors. :rofl

Now, regarding the latency issue...
I wasn't planning to use the FM3 as my interface. I figured I would just run it into my interface. Still a latency issue?

That's what I'm doing. I listened to a bunch of amp models and the models in the FM3, FM9 & Axe-FX III are outstanding. That's going to be fun as hell. I emailed Fractal to put me on the waiting list a couple of days ago. Time to upgrade my tired old monitors. :rofl

I wasn't planning to use the FM3 as my interface. I figured I would just run it into my interface. Still a latency issue?
don't quote me but not so sure what that latency issue was about (I recall reading about it). I have no issue with mine.

There is no latency issues with the FM3 itself. There is a USB driver issue where the incorrect latency is reported to the DAW (all interfaces have some latency) causing recorded guitar tracks to be misaligned on playback. I had this issue with Reaper, others with other DAWs. You want have the issue if using another interface.

Back