Updated desk in the cave

Bruce

Shredder
Just wanted to share an updated desk shot.

Now I’m REALLY out of room.

Attachments

• AACEF6EE-85A6-4ABF-BD59-A4D6D9E9D21F.jpeg
    AACEF6EE-85A6-4ABF-BD59-A4D6D9E9D21F.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 87
Hot damn that's a big boy setup! What monitors are you running?
Right now original Adam A7s, with a KRK S10 sub. I have the VXT8s sitting in a corner. Nowhere to put them. If an Adam blows out, I’ll put them up. The Adams are up now because a KRK went for repair about a year ago. I got them back and just stayed with the Adams.
How do you like working with the Faderport? I’ve been considering getting a hardware controller for mixing.
Couldn’t not have one ever again. For writing automation, mixing, getting around the session the less time you’re using the mouse the better. Takes a little learning but yields huge workflow results for sure. The only automation moves I make with the mouse now are mutes on and off for plugins. Usually a harmony plugin on a lead guitar or a flanger or something. I’ll draw that in. But all level controls are done on the faderport. Really wish they’d integrate the Atom and Faderport 16 into one big piece so I can eliminate the AKAI.

That's funny because I would have guessed A7X's.

I kind of wish I would have sprung for a set of Adams instead of the Genelecs I got, but then again I don't have space for big monitors. I bet they sound killer.

That's funny because I would have guessed A7X's.

I kind of wish I would have sprung for a set of Adams instead of the Genelecs I got, but then again I don't have space for big monitors. I bet they sound killer.
They sound great. I cooked the tweeters with a 16+k sine wave I couldn’t hear (but apparently my dogs were climbing the walls). ribbon tweeters are particularly sensitive. Thick white smoke emanated from them. 300 dollar stupid move. One of many.

They sound great. I cooked the tweeters with a 16+k sine wave I couldn’t hear (but apparently my dogs were climbing the walls). ribbon tweeters are particularly sensitive. Thick white smoke emanated from them. 300 dollar stupid move. One of many.
Ha ha ha … fudging tweeters … my whole life lol

Old man ears and not hearing anything is real!

Ron Burgundy What GIF
The science.........I kept turning the volume up because I couldn't hear the sine wave. Probably had every dog in the neighborhood howling. smoke followed. Adam support is top notch, BTW. Had me a new set of tweeters here in under a week. Wasn't cheap tho.

Back