Updated desk in the cave

Bruce

Shredder
Just wanted to share an updated desk shot.

Now I’m REALLY out of room.

Attachments

• AACEF6EE-85A6-4ABF-BD59-A4D6D9E9D21F.jpeg
    AACEF6EE-85A6-4ABF-BD59-A4D6D9E9D21F.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 87
Hot damn that's a big boy setup! What monitors are you running?
Right now original Adam A7s, with a KRK S10 sub. I have the VXT8s sitting in a corner. Nowhere to put them. If an Adam blows out, I’ll put them up. The Adams are up now because a KRK went for repair about a year ago. I got them back and just stayed with the Adams.
How do you like working with the Faderport? I’ve been considering getting a hardware controller for mixing.
Couldn’t not have one ever again. For writing automation, mixing, getting around the session the less time you’re using the mouse the better. Takes a little learning but yields huge workflow results for sure. The only automation moves I make with the mouse now are mutes on and off for plugins. Usually a harmony plugin on a lead guitar or a flanger or something. I’ll draw that in. But all level controls are done on the faderport. Really wish they’d integrate the Atom and Faderport 16 into one big piece so I can eliminate the AKAI.

That's funny because I would have guessed A7X's.

I kind of wish I would have sprung for a set of Adams instead of the Genelecs I got, but then again I don't have space for big monitors. I bet they sound killer.

That's funny because I would have guessed A7X's.

I kind of wish I would have sprung for a set of Adams instead of the Genelecs I got, but then again I don't have space for big monitors. I bet they sound killer.
They sound great. I cooked the tweeters with a 16+k sine wave I couldn’t hear (but apparently my dogs were climbing the walls). ribbon tweeters are particularly sensitive. Thick white smoke emanated from them. 300 dollar stupid move. One of many.

Old man ears and not hearing anything is real!

Ron Burgundy What GIF
The science.........I kept turning the volume up because I couldn't hear the sine wave. Probably had every dog in the neighborhood howling. smoke followed. Adam support is top notch, BTW. Had me a new set of tweeters here in under a week. Wasn't cheap tho.

Back