Unlearning Machines - Servant of the Pigs (with lyric video)

DLC86

Roadie
Hi all, today the first single of my new project/band was released, in this song I sang and personally recorded all bass and guitar tracks thru my FM9 and most of them thru dynacabs as well.
If you want you can listen to it by clicking on the link below and choosing your favourite streaming platform (some of them are free).

https://push.fm/fl/fu0kcky3

Enjoy and let me know your thoughts about the song, the tones, the lyrics and the mix/master.
And if you dig the tune I'd appreciate if you'd leave a follow and add the song to your library/playlist.

Here's our linktree too, in case you wanna follow us on social media to stay updated on future releases or to listen on other streaming platforms: https://linktr.ee/UnlearningMachines

Thanks in advance and rock on! 🤟🏼

Last edited:
Hi all, today the first single of my new project/band was released, i

Enjoy and let me know your thoughts about the song, the tones and the mix/master.
The song is good - but I think the hook guitars and various parts are way too long - the Guitars - I'm not sure about - half the time they sound mixed to up - and the other half they sound just right - drums are impactful enough for my ears - the whole song is kind of a pop song gone metal.

The song is good - but I think the hook guitars and various parts are way too long - the Guitars - I'm not sure about - half the time they sound mixed to up - and the other half they sound just right - drums are impactful enough for my ears - the whole song is kind of a pop song gone metal.
Thanks for your honest opinion! I kinda agree about some parts being too long/repetitive (even though the music I usually listen too has waaayyyy longer parts/songs, so on another hand I dig build-ups) and actually proposed some time ago to make a shorter single edit and leave this longer version for when we'll release the album, but in the end we decided to leave it as it is...
Regarding the guitars, in which point you think are too loud?

Thanks for your honest opinion! I kinda agree about some parts being too long/repetitive (even though the music I usually listen too has waaayyyy longer parts/songs, so on another hand I dig build-ups) and actually proposed some time ago to make a shorter single edit and leave this longer version for when we'll release the album, but in the end we decided to leave it as it is...
Regarding the guitars, in which point you think are too loud?
I'm not sure if they are too loud - sometimes I think the opening the guitars are too upfront - but then I listen again - and they sound just right.
BTW @jellodog what did he mic up?

sometimes I think the opening the guitars are too upfront - but then I listen again - and they sound just right.
That's a scenario in which I've found myself several times while mixing it... in the end I just decided to leave it like that and call it a day.

Dynacabs (virtually), drums and vocals 😁

I was assumig everything... i.e. vocals, drums, guitars.

Of course I don't know if modellers or samples were used anywhere or not; but I was just making a general comment concerning the excellent studio quality of the captured tones and engineering. Whatever the source of the sounds, it sounds great to me!

I was assumig everything... i.e. vocals, drums, guitars.

Of course I don't know if modellers or samples were used anywhere or not; but I was just making a general comment concerning the excellent studio quality of the captured tones and engineering. Whatever the source of the sounds, it sounds great to me!
Thanks again.. the only samples are the distant explosions on the intro, the helicopter and the Bush speech. The synths on the intro were played on Cubase's stock VST instruments (heavily processed with various fx), everything else is real recorded instruments and vocals

I think it's badass! :headbang

I like that it has some dynamics and is not mastered to the fucking hilt and all blown
out like much of modern music is. :beer

Bit of A Perfect Circle vibes. Keep going man!

I think it's badass! :headbang

I like that it has some dynamics and is not mastered to the fucking hilt and all blown
out like much of modern music is. :beer

Bit of A Perfect Circle vibes. Keep going man!
Missed this post yesterday, sorry... thanks man, I hate music with no dynamics and you're spot on about APC, it's one of my favourite bands for sure, along with everything else where Maynard J Keenan is involved.

Anyway, we just released the lyric video as well and I'm pretty proud of how this turned out.

The video also contains the 5.1 surround mix of the song, if you have a recent smart TV (or media box) and a home theater, you just need to turn on the 5.1 surround option in the video settings to hear it.

Last edited:
Back