Two Notes Torpedo Live with Powerstation PS100

Sorbz62

Hi guys,

Great to see a new forum, particularly with Michael Nielsen and Leon Todd participating! Excellent!

Anyway, I have started gigging again and just have a straight forward question to ask about my gear. I use a Friedman Runt through a PS100 and want to now add my Torpedo Live to get a consistent sound in FOH. So ….. where do you think I should place it in my audio chain? I’m thinking going from the PS100 to the TL and thru to my cab. Or would it be better to go from the amp to the TL first and then to the PS? I do have FX in the loop of the PS, as I change amps (Suhr SL67, 1959HW, JVM etc) and that means the first choice may be better for me. I’m not sure which would be the most transparent sound wise. Waddya think?

TIA,
Jim

I'd consider picking a cheap torpedo cab-m and using the line out of the PS-100 into the cab-m to FOH? But if you wanted to stick with using your Torpedo live I guess I would go amp -> ps100 -> TL.

Hi guys,

Great to see a new forum, particularly with Michael Nielsen and Leon Todd participating! Excellent!

Anyway, I have started gigging again and just have a straight forward question to ask about my gear. I use a Friedman Runt through a PS100 and want to now add my Torpedo Live to get a consistent sound in FOH. So ….. where do you think I should place it in my audio chain? I’m thinking going from the PS100 to the TL and thru to my cab. Or would it be better to go from the amp to the TL first and then to the PS? I do have FX in the loop of the PS, as I change amps (Suhr SL67, 1959HW, JVM etc) and that means the first choice may be better for me. I’m not sure which would be the most transparent sound wise. Waddya think?

TIA,
Jim

I don't know that there's an optimal way to run two loadboxes into each other with the way those particular ones operate.

I'd have said put the TL in the loop of the PS if you could bypass the load section of the TL. I see there's a line in and a line out. Intended for going in direct from a preamp and out to the desk/interface.

The out especially could be a super hot signal, but if theres a way to dial it back, you could patch the send of the PS FX loop to the in of the TL, thru the micing section of the TL and then out from there to the PS FX return.

Put Outboard FX before or after to taste.

That's presuming you can dial back the output of the TL Enough to send to other FX or the PS loop, and using the line in of the TL bypasses its load.

Thanks,

The TL bypasses the load when you use the speaker thru meaning I can put it in line after the PS100 and then the thru to my cab, no? This would then give me a speaker sim signal out to the FOH, correct?

This would be like splitting the signal from the PS, which in reality is just an amp at this point, and sending the pure signal to the cab and the signal with cab sims to the FOH…… I think.

Jim

Thanks,

The TL bypasses the load when you use the speaker thru meaning I can put it in line after the PS100 and then the thru to my cab, no? This would then give me a speaker sim signal out to the FOH, correct?

This would be like splitting the signal from the PS, which in reality is just an amp at this point, and sending the pure signal to the cab and the signal with cab sims to the FOH…… I think.

Jim

er... maybe..?

Why not use the line in and out if the levels are controllable?

The thru is designed for the case that you want to have a cab onstage getting a raw signal from the amp, but are still sending an IR'd signal to FOH.

That is what I want - amp signal in my cab and IR’d signal in FOH. The fact that I am using is irrelevant in some ways.

Does the Torpedo Live have a line in?

If so you could set up the amp, PS and cab as usual and run line out of the PS in to the TL

I'd lace TL first, then power soak then cab. That way you can crank the amp, get the glory through the PA, and not blow your ears out.

Does the Torpedo Live have a line in?

If so you could set up the amp, PS and cab as usual and run line out of the PS in to the TL

thats a good idea, it does according to the manual and the Fryette has separate speaker outs and line outs.

I reckon the line in of the TL just goes through the IR section as it's designed to take preamp pedals etc.

Back